The Academic Structure of IWU
The academic programs of Indiana Wesleyan University are administered by the leaders of the Principal Academic Units, who report to the CEOs for residential and non-residential education. Coordination of university academic policy is provided by the office of University Academic Affairs. The academic structure of IWU is outlined in the following chart.
College of Adult and Professional Studies
The College of Adult and Professional Studies offers more than 60 undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs, with options available at over 300 sites in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, and online. CAPS operates on a year-round schedule.
The College of Adult and Professional Studies is organized into schools, divisions and departments:
- Devoe School of Business
- Division of Undergraduate Business Programs
- Division of Graduate Studies in Business
- Division of Graduate Studies in Leadership
- School of Educational Leadership
- Division of Adult Teacher Licensure Programs
- Division of Continuing Studies for Teacher-Leaders
- Department of Advanced Studies for Teacher-Leaders
- Division of Educational Administration
- Department of Teacher License Renewal and Professionalization
- School of Service and Leadership
- Department of Religion
- Department of Public Services and Applied Sciences
- Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences
College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences provides over 70 undergraduate programs plus graduate programs in counseling at the University's residential campus in Marion, Indiana. CAS operates under a traditional semester-based academic calendar.
The College of Arts and Sciences is organized into disciplinary academic units:
- John Wesley Honors College
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of the Physical and Applied Sciences
- School of Social and Behavioral Sciences and Business
- School of Teacher Education
- Department of Elementary Education
- Department of Secondary Education
- Department of Special Education
- School of Theology and Ministry
- Department of Biblical Studies
- Department of Intercultural Studies
- Department of Ministry
- Department of Theology and Philosophy
The School of Nursing
The School of Nursing provides quality instruction and training to undergraduate and graduate nursing students. This School is organized into three divisions:
Wesley Seminary at Indiana Wesleyan University
Wesley Seminary was established in 2009 as the first seminary of The Wesleyan Church, providing innovative educational opportunities for ministry professionals. The Master of Arts in Ministry and Master of Divinity programs offer unprecedented accessibility to ministerial education for working adult students.
The Graduate School
All academic programs, undergraduate and graduate, reside in one of the other four Principal Academic Units, so the Graduate School does not have programs of its own. Rather, the School provides oversight of all graduate education at IWU through the establishment of policies and standards for graduate education, through strategic planning for graduate education, and through support of teaching, learning and scholarship for graduate faculty and graduate students.