Other Education Benefits
- Montgomery GI bill® Active Duty (Chapter 30) provides up to 36 months of education benefits. Generally benefits are payable for 10 years following release from active duty
- Montgomery GI bill® Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606) provides up to 36 months of education benefits. Eligibility normally ends on the day you leave the Selected Reserve
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) (Chapter 1607) provides educational assistance to members of the Reserve component called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency
- Survivors & Dependents Assistance (DEA) (Chapter 35) provides up to 45 months of education benefits to eligible dependents of certain veterans.
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) (Chapter 32) is available if you elected to make contributions from your military pay to participate in this education benefit program. Entitlement is 1 to 36 months based on monthly contributions.
More information on all benefits is available at www.gibill.gov.
Last updated: 05/18/2015