Admission to the MSN/MBA program begins with submission of required application forms, recommendations, and official transcripts of previous college and university studies. Applications are accepted year round. To assist in the decision-making process, the applicant may be required to interview and/or complete the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
Criteria for regular admission are:
1. Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing from an accredited program. Registered Nurses (RNs) who have a baccalaureate degree in a discipline other than nursing may also apply by meeting the following additional criteria:
o A minimum of 10 years experience in nursing practice.
o Submission of a portfolio that includes a current CV/résumé with evidence of accomplishments in nursing based on the nine Essentials of Master's Education in Nursing, and an expanded goal statement reflecting how the applicant intends to make an impact in nursing with an MSN.
2. Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution at which a minimum of 30 credit hours was completed.
3. Anyone applying to become a student at Indiana Wesleyan University must provide proof that all nursing licenses, whether current or inactive, are unencumbered. Potential students with encumbered nursing licenses will not be considered eligible for enrollment at Indiana Wesleyan University.
4. Three recommendations, one each from a former instructor, a pastor or someone with whom the applicant has worked in the past year who can attest to the applicant’s service record or character, and a direct supervisor.
5. Official transcripts from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
6. A writing sample will be required, consisting of responses to three questions selected from a provided list.
7. At least one year of professional practice, including at least 1,000 hours of nursing practice within the three years prior to admission.
8. A criminal history background check will be conducted on all applicants with the initial application for enrollment in the program, at the applicant’s expense. Admission to the program may depend on the results of this check.
9. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if English is not your primary language. A score of at least 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (Internet-based) is required for regular academic admission.
NOTE: All students may be required to undergo drug testing in order to successfully complete practicum requirements.
Applicants who do not desire to seek a master’s degree may enroll in graduate nursing courses as unclassified students. Please contact us for more information.
1. Completion of all core and major requirements.
2. A minimum grade of “C” in each core course and “B” in each major course.
3. An overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
4. Students may be required to provide health clearance and proof of immunization.
5. Program must be completed within four (4) years from the date of enrollment.
6. Payment of all tuition and fees.
Degree conferral will occur at the first graduation ceremony following program completion.