B.S. in Marketing
“Indiana Wesleyan stretched me and boosted my confidence to make me believe that I could do it. And I have.”
- Gerilyn Davis
Online and Blended
Bachelor of Science in Marketing offers four market-driven specializations in marketing analytics, social media, service and non-profit marketing and digital branding, advertising and promotions. Students in the BS Marketing Program at Indiana Wesleyan University will develop business analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills as they relate to marketing. Applications of global marketing perspectives to critical business decisions will be explored. In our rapidly changing business environment, the student will identify appropriate marketing communication methods to reach diverse audiences. Through applying relevant marketing technologies to manage changing business conditions, the students will use ethical solutions using a Biblical framework to successfully implement business marketing opportunities.
- Demonstrate business analysis and problem solving skills as they relate to marketing
- Apply global marketing perspectives to critical business decisions
- Select appropriate marketing communication methods to reach diverse audiences in business environments
- Apply relevant marketing technologies to manage changing business conditions
- Develop ethical solutions for business marketing opportunities using critical thinking
- Integrate a Biblical framework that guides interaction within the marketing environment
Relevant and Convenient
- Core BS Marketing courses may be completed in 12 months
- Cohort groups provide mutual support
- One-time registration, no more waiting in line
- Classes are offered in a blended format or entirely online
- Instructors combine academic credentials with professional expertise
- The student may select any one of the four specializations.
Liberal Arts courses are offered through Indiana Wesleyan University and are available at many sites throughout Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and online.
Tuition & Financial Aid
|Credit Hours||Onsite Tuition||Online Tuition|
|36 Total||$424 / credit hour||$424 / credit hour|
*Effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017.
The total cost of the program, including tuition, books, eBooks, and fees, will be determined prior to your enrollment. The cost will be divided into several payments spread over the course of the program. Course textbooks will be shipped to you before each course begins. The cost of books increases for shipments outside of the 48 contiguous United States.
The total credit hours and per-credit-hour costs listed above are effective for the core program. For prerequisite or other required courses if applicable, students will need to pay for appropriate tuition, books, and any additional fees. Costs may change if you withdraw from the program and restart in a future program at a later date.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, veterans benefits, and even employer reimbursement.
Below is the list of courses required to complete the program. Courses are generally taken sequentially, one at a time, until the program is complete. Full course descriptions may be viewed by clicking on the course titles below. For further information, feel free to contact us.
Preview Your Classes
Marketing Analytics Specialization Courses
Social Media Specialization Courses
Service and Non-Profit Marketing Specialization Courses
Digital Advertising, Promotions and Branding Specialization Courses
Below are the lists of requirements for the BS in Marketing program. Click on each link to expand the requirements. If you have any questions about the admissions process, feel free to contact one of our admissions representatives at 1-866-498-4968.
The admission requirements for the Bachelor of Science with Major in Marketing degree offered through the College of Adult and Professional Studies are as follows:
- Proof of high school graduation or GED certification.
- Original transcript from all previous college or university study at regionally accredited colleges or universities or an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education.
- Prior completion of at least 60 transferable credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university or an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education is required before the student is eligible to start a bachelor core program. A maximum of 40 hours of credit may be earned through the assessed learning process toward the required 60.
To graduate with a Bachelor of Science with Major in Marketing degree from the College of Adult and Professional Studies at Indiana Wesleyan University, the following requirements must be met:
- Completion of 120 credit hours.
- Completion of the required core (major) courses with a GPA of 2.25 or as speci ed in a program of study and a minimum of 30 hours of the core (major) taken at Indiana Wesleyan University.
- Overall cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Included within the total of 120 credit hours, 30 credit hours in Liberal Arts as follows:
- 3 credit hours in Biblical Studies
- 3 credit hours in Biblical Studies or Philosophy or Religion
- 6 credit hours in English Written Communication
- 3 credit hours in English Oral Communication
- 6 credit hours in Social or Behavioral Science
- 3 credit hours in Mathematics
- 3 credit hours in Natural Science
- 3 credit hours in Arts and Humanities
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
To be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Science with a major in Marketing degree program, complete each of the following steps. For more information, call 866-498-4968 to speak with a Program Representative.
Apply online at www.indwes.edu.
Applicants who have more than 30 credit hours of college coursework are required to submit an official transcript from each undergraduate regionally accredited institution attended. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts sent in directly to IWU by the registrar of the attended institution(s). Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped “student copy,” “issued to student,” or “unofficial” cannot be accepted as official.
College Transcripts from Non-U.S. Schools
For college transcripts from non-U.S. schools, secure a “Course-by-Course Report” from Educational Credential Evaluators (see www.ece.org). Be sure to request that the report be sent directly to Indiana Wesleyan University. The evaluation must list course-by-course credit hours and grades.
- TOEFL Scores
Submit a copy of your Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores if English is not your primary language. For more information about this test, see www.toefl.org.
Prior Learning Assessment
Undergraduate students accepted to or enrolled in any of the CAPS associate or baccalaureate degree programs are eligible to complete Prior Learning Assessment (PLA). Credit hours awarded may be counted toward general education, elective, or select core requirements as applicable to the undergraduate degree or as specified for approved graduate programs. Baccalaureate students may earn a maximum of 40 hours of credit through PLA. Associate degree students may earn a maximum of 18 hours through PLA. Undergraduate students may use PLA credit to accrue toward the 60 hours of credit required for admission to the bachelor’s core curriculum and/or to meet degree requirements while in the core and/or after the core has been completed.
Below are the program locations, upcoming dates, and meeting times for the Bachelor of Science with a major in Marketing program. This list is updated regularly as new classes are added. If you have any questions or need further information, feel free to contact us.