8:15 - 8:45 Conference Registration
- Conference registration and attendee packets will be in front of the Globe Theater in the Barnes Student Center.
8:45 - 9:00 Welcome and Introduction
9:00 - 10:15 Dr. Gary Moon, Director of the Martin Institute for Christianity and Culture and the Dallas Willard Center for Christian Spiritual Formation at Westmont College
- We are pleased to have Dr. Gary Moon join us. Dr. Moon conducts research concerning the theoretical and practical integration of psychology and theology and has published and presented over 300 professional and popular papers. His first session today is titled, An Odd Way to Avoid Burnout: Living Life with God.
10:15 - 10:30 Morning Break/Transition
- A selection of snacks and beverages is provided in the entry way to the Banquet Rooms where the Concurrent Sessions will take place.
10:30 - 11:30 Concurrent Sessions #1
- Treating the Intense Ministry Client - Dr. Brent Lindquist and Ms. Carol Yoder MA, LMFT, Link Care Center
- The Sound Relationship Church: How to Nurture a Sound Relationship with Your Pastor - Dr. Virginia Todd Holeman, Professor of Counseling, Asbury Theological Seminary
- Gilead Revisited: What a Fictional Pastor Might Teach Us About Ministry and Self-care - Dr. J. Michael Walters, Associate Dean of Biblical Studies, Houghton College
11:30 - 12:00 Mall Way Exhibitors
12:00 - 1:15 Lunch
- Participants are welcome to stay on campus for lunch at Baldwin Dining Room. If dining at Baldwin, it is strongly suggested you indicate your intention to stay for lunch at the time of registration. Participants are also welcome to visit one of our local’ restaurants.
1:15 - 2:15 Concurrent Sessions #2
- Pastors, and their Love/Hate Relationship with Relationships - Ms. Sandra Metz MA Gilead Counseling, Indiana Wesleyan University, Northview Wesleyan Church
- Maxwell, Mitford and the Methodist Impulse: A Spiritual Remedy for Ministry Depletion - Rev. Mark O. Wilson, Senior Pastor, Hayward Wesleyan Church
- Clergy Mental Health: Highlights from the Duke Clergy Health Initiative - Rev. Chris Adams MAT, MSMFT, Ph.D.
- Ministering Effectively to Wounded Clergy and Laity - Dr. David Vardaman, Assistant Professor of Practical Theology, Indiana Wesleyan University
2:30 - 3:30 Concurrent Sessions #3
- Embracing David: Restoring Sexual Integrity following Pastoral Moral Failure - Dr. Todd Bowman, Associate Professor of Counseling, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Running Partners: A Case for Relationships of Support, Encouragement, and Accountability for Pastors - Rev. Mike Van Kampen, Director of Administration and Ministry Development, Alongside Inc.
- Neuroscience of Spiritual Resiliency - Dr. R.P. Ascano, Clinical Professor of Forensic Psychiatry, University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Department of Neuroscience
- Communities of Practice for Lonely Clergy - Dr. Michael Jordan, Dean of the Chapel, Houghton College
3:30 - 3:45 Break
3:45 - 4:45 Dr. Gary Moon
- Dr. Moon’s second session will focus on, The Cycle of Grace
4:45 - 5:00 Benediction and Adjournment