Requests for transcripts at Indiana Wesleyan University must conform to the Privacy Act of 1974, which requires that all transcript requests be submitted in writing and signed by the student, for protection of the student's confidentiality.
A student’s official transcript is prepared by the Registrar's Office and will show the course, grade, credit hours, dates of instruction, degree(s), honors, majors, and specializations. A transcript is official only when it bears the university seal.
If you have had a name change, please provide a copy of the legal document showing this change.
It is university policy not to release a transcript if the student has any financial holds on their record, if he or she is delinquent on any loan received through Indiana Wesleyan University, or if payment is not enclosed with the request.
A $3 fee is charged for each mailed transcript and $10 for each faxed transcript.
The Transcript Request form can be picked up at the Registrar’s Office on the Marion Campus or can be printed here. Please complete and submit it to Indiana Wesleyan University in one of the following ways:
- ATTN: Registrar’s Office
- 4201 S. Washington Street
- Marion IN 46953
- Email by scanning your completed transcript request form to email@example.com
- Fax your completed transcript request form to 765-677-2662
If you are unable to access the Transcript Request Form, please provide the following information to us:
- Full name,
- Current mailing address and daytime telephone number,
- Student ID number or Social Security number,
- Name and address where the transcript is to be sent,
- Number of transcripts to be sent and by what method (fax or mail),
- Credit Card type and number with expiration date and v-code (three digits on the back of the credit card) or check (made payable to Indiana Wesleyan University), AND
- Written signature by student or graduate with date.
Completing the Order:
Indiana Wesleyan University will fulfill your transcript request by sending them to your identified location by mail or by fax.
Transcripts sent by Fax – please allow 24 hours to process.
- Please ensure that the Fax number of the desired location is included.
- Faxed transcripts are considered unofficial by most higher education institutions. Please check with your receiving body to ensure that this will fulfill their need.
- IWU will mail an official copy as well as what has been faxed to the same recipient address as was faxed. Please ensure that the mailing address is also included for the intended recipient.
- Include payment (check or credit card type and numbers with expiration date and v-code – three digits found on the back of the card).
Transcripts sent by Mail – please allow 2-3 business days to process.
- Please ensure that the mailing address of the intended recipient is provided, is legible, and is accurate.
- Include payment (check made payable to Indiana Wesleyan University or credit card type and numbers with expiration date and v-code – three digits found on the back of the card).
- All requests must include the student’s or graduate’s written signature.
- Requests cannot be submitted online.
- Attach the completed transcript form when emailing request.
- Only unofficial transcripts will be faxed.
- Indiana Wesleyan University currently does not send transcripts electronically.
- Federal Express/overnight options are available in emergency situations. For further information, please contact our office at 765-677-2131.
- Current students can access their unofficial academic record via their portal.
For more information, direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the automated transcript line at 765-677-2966.