Master of Business Administration
“The focus of the program is to teach students how to critically analyze issues that are facing business today and to make ethical decisions.”
- Jeff Boyce
Students in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program design solutions and strategies for complex business problems and opportunities, evaluate personal management capabilities and design a plan for economic growth, and integrate critical analysis with disciplines such as management, accounting, finance, and economics. Students will synthesize ethical standards in decision-making and strategy development, create appropriate communication strategies to achieve organizational goals, and integrate a biblical framework that guides interactions within the business environment and workplace.
Earn your MBA on a schedule that works for you
Pursue an expanded role in business administration through our flexible, online Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. Coursework is designed to build upon your past experiences and education to help you become a more insightful and tactical thinker.
Learn from a pioneer in online and distance education
For years, IWU has offered some of the most flexible, supportive and affordable online programs around. It's part of the reason so many students turn to us when they're ready to go back to school.
Whether you're a busy working professional, parent or both, our online MBA program can help you learn the skills you need while still keeping up with your personal and professional obligations.
If you prefer a more traditional classroom experience, our business graduate program is also offered at our Indiana campuses, as well as our locations in Lexington, Louisville and Florence, Kentucky, and Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus and Dayton, Ohio.
At IWU, we offer multiple MBA Programs :
- Master of Business Administration - No Specialization
- MBA in Personal Financial Planning
- MBA in Healthcare Administration
- MBA in School Administration
- Virtual MBA in Executive Management
- Virtual MBA in International Business
Relevant and Convenient
- Complete your degree in 18 - 26 months
- Cohort groups provide mutual support
- One-time registration, no more waiting in line
- Classes meet one night per week or online
- Instructors combine academic credentials with professional expertise
Tuition & Financial Aid
MBA - No Specialization
|Credit Hours||Onsite Tuition||Online Tuition|
|42 Total||$536 / credit hour||$560 / credit hour|
* Effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017.
The total cost of the program, including tuition, books, and fees, will be determined prior to your enrollment. The cost will be divided into several payments spread over the course of the program. Course textbooks will be shipped to you before each course begins. The cost of books increases for shipments outside of the 48 contiguous United States.
The total credit hours and per-credit-hour costs listed above are effective for the core program. For prerequisite or other required courses if applicable, students will need to pay for appropriate tuition, books, and any additional fees. Costs may change if you withdraw from the program and restart in a future program at a later date.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, veterans benefits, and even employer reimbursement.
Financial aid is not available for unclassified students.
What you'll learn - career-driven curriculum
This Master's degree program will help you develop and refine your management skills within a peer group or management team context.
As a student in our school of business and leadership, you'll learn how to:
- Develop, execute and evaluate complex business plans and solutions
- Assess personal management strengths and weaknesses
- Plan, organize and evaluate daily business activities of yourself and others
- Use resources in an efficient, effective, ethical and humanitarian way
- Integrate critical analysis in disciplines like management, finance and economics, or an accounting specialization
- Review and absorb large amounts of information over relatively short periods of time, work effectively under pressure, and deploy people and material resources efficiently toward a goal of accurately
- Apply faith-based principles in a business setting
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is a 42-credit-hour program.
Below is the list of courses required to complete the program. Courses are generally taken sequentially, one at a time, until the program is complete. Full course descriptions may be viewed by clicking on the course titles below. For further information, feel free to contact us.
Preview Your Classes
Below are the lists of requirements for the Master of Business Administration program. Click on each link to expand the requirements. If you have any questions about the admissions process, feel free to contact one of our admissions representatives at 1-866-498-4968.
- A baccalaureate or master's degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting body or by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, verified on official transcripts sent by the institution directly to Indiana Wesleyan University.
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution at which a minimum of 30 credit hours was completed. If an applicant's GPA is below 2.5, the student may be admitted on a probationary basis, as established by the guidelines of the college.
- All credits required in the curriculum sequence with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a minimum grade of "C" in each course. A grade of "C-" or below will require the course to be repeated.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0 in all IWU graduate work.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
Complete the Online Application.
This is your first step toward making your dreams come true for your future. Whether it's to advance your current career, start a new career path, or simply continue that lifelong love of learning, Indiana Wesleyan University is the place for you.
Additional Steps to Apply
MBA/Virtual MBA: Official transcripts are required from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution and any graduate work if IWU is accepting transfer credits. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts sent directly to IWU by the registrar of the attended institution(s). Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped “student copy,” “issued to student,” or “unofficial” cannot be accepted as official.
Graduate Certificates: Official transcripts are required from the baccalaureate or master degree-granting Institution. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts sent in a sealed envelope directly to IWU by the registrar of the attended institution(s). Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped “student copy,” “issued to student,” or “unofficial” cannot be accepted as official.
College Transcripts from Non-U.S. Schools: For college transcripts from non-U.S. schools, secure a “Course-by-Course Report” from Educational Credential Evaluators (see www.ece.org). Be sure to request that the report be sent directly to Indiana Wesleyan University. The evaluation must list course-by-course hours and grades.
2. TOEFL Scores
Submit a copy of your TOEFL scores if English is not your primary language. For more information about this test, visit www.toefl.org.
Indiana Wesleyan University
1900 W. 50th St.
Marion, IN 46953
Please contact your enrollment representative if you have any questions.
Below are the program locations, upcoming dates, and meeting times for the MBA program. This list is updated regularly as new classes are added.