A.S. in Accounting
“We focus on not only teaching the principles, but training them to think ethically while doing the work.”
- Kevin Cabe
ONLINE OR ONSITE
Students in the Associate of Science in Accounting will demonstrate ethical decision-making from a Christian worldview and competency in the application of fundamental accounting and business principles. Students will develop foundational business and accounting analysis skills and integrate a biblical framework that guides business and personal interactions. Students will also apply information management skills to business decision-making and then demonstrate effective communication of ideas and facts.
RELEVANT AND CONVENIENT
- Complete your degree in approximately 26 months
- Cohort groups provide mutual support
- One-time registration, no more waiting in line
- Classes meet one night per week or online
- Instructors combine academic credentials with professional expertise
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate ethical decision-making from a Christian worldview.
- Demonstrate a competency in the application of fundamental accounting and business principles.
- Develop foundational business and accounting analysis skills.
- Integrate a biblical framework that guides business and personal interactions.
- Demonstrate effective communication of ideas and facts.
- Apply information management skills to business decision-making.
If you have not yet obtained your Associate degree but already have 36 to 59 credit hours of previous college coursework, IWU’s unique Bridge program can allow you to immediately start working towards your Bachelor's degree. Please contact your Program Representative at 866-498-4968 for more information.
BRIDGE PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Submission of all required items for the admissions process as outlined in the “application procedures” section of the application packet.
- Acceptance to an IWU Bachelor program with 36-59 credit hours earned from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Enter the Bridge to a Bachelor program at 36-59 credit hours.
Indiana Wesleyan University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org, 312-263-0456. IWU is also a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, www.cccu.org, 202-546-8713.
Not all programs are offered at all locations and some may only be available online.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition & Fees*
|Credit Hours||Onsite Tuition||Online Tuition|
|60 Total||$283 / credit hour||$283 / credit hour|
*Effective July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017.
The total cost of the program, including tuition, books, eBooks, and fees, will be determined prior to your enrollment. The cost will be divided into several payments spread over the course of the program. Course textbooks will be shipped to you before each course begins. The cost of books increases for shipments outside of the 48 contiguous United States.
The total credit hours and per-credit-hour costs listed above are effective for the core program. For prerequisite or other required courses if applicable, students will need to pay for appropriate tuition, books, and any additional fees. Costs may change if you withdraw from the program and restart in a future program at a later date.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, veterans benefits, and even employer reimbursement.
Below is the list of courses required to complete the program. Courses are generally taken sequentially, one at a time, until the program is complete. Full course descriptions may be viewed by clicking on the course titles below. For further information, feel free to contact us.
Preview Your Classes
Below are the lists of requirements for the AS in Accounting program. Click on each link to expand the requirements. If you have any questions about the admissions process, feel free to contact one of our admissions representatives at 1-866-498-4968.
Below are the program locations, upcoming dates, and meeting times for the Associate of Science with a major in Accounting program. This list is updated regularly as new classes are added.