Dr. Marc Wooldridge serves as director of Percussion Activities at Indiana Wesleyan University in addition to teaching courses in music theory and composition. He has performed and presented for a variety of notable organizations such as the Lincoln Center Institute, the Percussion Arts Society, and the Charles Ives Center for New Music. He was a founding member of the Maelstrom Percussion Ensemble, a group whose artistic excellence was recognized through a prestigious three-year Residency Grant from Chamber Music America.
As a composer, Dr. Wooldridge has written thirteen works for percussion including Diamond Hill, a marimba duo published by Honey Rock. Wooldridge currently serves as President of the Indiana Chapter of the Percussive Arts Society and is active as a Board Member of the Christian Fellowship of Art Music Composers. He also serves a Principal Percussionist with the Marion Philharmonic Orchestra and Affiliate Artist with Encore Mallets.
- D. Music Theory: State University of New York at Buffalo, September 1992
- A. Music Theory: State University of New York at Buffalo, February 1990
- F.A. Percussion Performance: State University of New York at Buffalo, May 1983
- M. Percussion Performance: Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, August 1981.
- Percussion: Applied Percussion, Percussion Techniques, Percussion Ensemble, Resounding Pans Steel Drum Ensemble, IWU Drum Line
- Music Theory: Intro to Music Theory Online (summer), Music Theory II, Music Theory III, Form and Analysis,
- Marion Philharmonic Orchestra—Principal Percussionist
- Numerous solo performances including world premiere of marimba concertos by David Gillingham and Russell Peterson.
- Encore Mallets—Affiliate Artist
- Maelstrom Percussion Ensemble Founding Member and Director (1981-1991)
- Composer—16 percussion works including Diamond Hill published by Honey Rock
- Leigh Howard Stevens Indiana Marimba Seminar—Organizer and Clinician
- Indiana All-State Percussion Ensemble—Organizer and Clinician
- Percussive Arts Society—President, Indiana Chapter (2009-2014) and Day of Percussion host (2012)
- Christian Fellowship of Art Music Composers—National Conference Coordinator, Board Member, National Conference Host (2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2003)
- Indiana Music Education Association—Advisor Board Member
- Northwestern College (IA) Associate Professor of Music (1992-2007)
Awards and Honors
- 30+ grants from Chamber Music America, Meet the Composer, Iowa Arts Council, Heartland Arts Fund, Music Performance Trust Fund, etc.
- Artist in Residence, Charles Ives Institute for New Music IWU Percussion Ensemble—2nd Place in Percussive Arts Society international competition
Last updated: 10/28/2016