MS in Human Resource Management
“[The MS in Human Resource Management program] prepares students to become strategic partners in the workplace.”
- Debbie Philpott
Students in the Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MS-HRM) program utilize a biblical framework that guides interactions within the workplace to enhance the realization of human potential, analyze internal and external business environments, and formulate relevant human resource and communication strategies and solutions to ethically fulfill organizational mission, vision, values, and goals. Students will demonstrate a disposition for lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
The completion of the Master of Science in Human Resource Management will prepare students to:
- Enhance the realization of human potential in order to fulfill strategic organizational mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Demonstrate a disposition for lifelong learning and continuous growth.
- Analyze internal and external business environments and formulate relevant human resource strategies and solutions.
- Formulate ethical policies and procedures for use in human resource management.
- Develop appropriate communication strategies to achieve organization goals.
- Integrate a biblical framework that guides interactions within the workplace.
Tuition & Financial Aid
|Credit Hours||Onsite Tuition||Online Tuition|
|36 Total||$541 / credit hour||$561 / credit hour|
*Effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017.
The total cost of the program, including tuition, books, and fees, will be determined prior to your enrollment. The cost will be divided into several payments spread over the course of the program. Course textbooks will be shipped to you before each course begins. The cost of books increases for shipments outside of the 48 contiguous United States.
The total credit hours and per-credit-hour costs listed above are effective for the core program. For prerequisite or other required courses if applicable, students will need to pay for appropriate tuition, books, and any additional fees. Costs may change if you withdraw from the program and restart in a future program at a later date.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, veterans benefits, and even employer reimbursement.
Financial aid is not available for unclassified students.
The Master of Science with a major in Human Resource Management (MS-HRM) degree program is a 36-credit-hour graduate program.
Below is the list of courses required to complete the program. Courses are generally taken sequentially, one at a time, until the program is complete. Full course descriptions may be viewed by clicking on the course titles below. For further information, feel free to contact us.
Preview Your Classes
Below are the lists of requirements for the MS in Human Resource Management program. Click on each link to expand the requirements. If you have any questions about the admissions process, feel free to contact one of our admissions representatives at 1-866-498-4968.
- A baccalaureate or master's degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting body or by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, verified on official transcripts sent by the institution directly to Indiana Wesleyan University.
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution at which at least a minimum of 30 credit hours was completed. If an applicant's GPA is below 2.5, the student may be admitted on a probationary basis, as established by the guidelines of the DeVoe School of Business.
- All credits required in the curriculum sequence with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a minimum grade of "C" in each course. A grade of "C-" or below will require the course to be repeated.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 in all IWU graduate work.
- Payment of all tuition and fees is required to receive a diploma.
Complete the Online Application
This is your first step toward making your dreams come true for your future. Whether it's to advance your current career, start a new career path, or simply continue that lifelong love of learning, Indiana Wesleyan University is the place for you.Online Application
Additional Steps to Apply
College: Official transcripts are required from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution and any graduate work if IWU is accepting transfer credits. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts sent in a sealed envelope directly to IWU by the registrar of the attended institution(s). Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped "student copy," "issued to student," or "unofficial" cannot be accepted as official.
Graduate Certificates: Official transcripts are required from the baccalaureate or master degree-granting institution. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts mailed in a sealed envelope directly to IWU by the registrar of the attended institution(s). Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped "student copy," "issued to student," or "unofficial" cannot be accepted as official. If the applicant completed less than 30 credit hours at the baccalaureate degree-granting institution, all previous transcripts will be required.
College Transcripts from Non-U.S. Schools: For college transcripts from non-U.S. schools, secure a "Course-by-Course Report" from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). Be sure to request that the report be sent directly to us at the address below. The evaluation must list course-by-course hours and grades.
2. TOEFL Scores
Submit a copy of your TOEFL scores if English is not your primary language. For more information about this test, visit www.toefl.org.
Indiana Wesleyan University
1900 W. 50th St.
Marion, IN 46953
Please contact your enrollment representative if you have any questions.
Below are the program locations, upcoming dates, and meeting times for the MS-HRM program. This list is updated regularly as new classes are added.