Online MA in Organizational Leadership
“The students in the program are already leaders and they’re coming to the program to become better leaders and to understand leadership and organizational behavior at a deeper level.”
- Boyd Johnson
About the Program
The Master of Arts with a major in Organizational Leadership degree program prepares students to meet the following objectives:
- Examine the complexities of leadership theory and assimilate into practical applications within an organizational context
- Understand and practice authenticity and integrity as a part of their character and leadership
- Synthesize knowledge about the foundational concepts of wisdom, followership, and stewardship as it applies to leadership
- Evaluate ethical dilemmas that face leaders and implement the appropriate response
- Analyze organizational problems and determine how the behavior of leaders and followers within an organization will be impacted
- Evaluate the change and organizational learning needs of an organization and implement appropriate strategies for redirecting the organization toward its goals
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for an organization that emphasizes governance and stewardship principles
- Practice scholarship by identifying organizational problems, researching the problems, and reporting the results of the research in a thesis
Participants will integrate and deliberate on the concepts critical to understanding each of these areas. Competency will be demonstrated in each area as evidenced through projects implemented in either the workplace or a community-based organization, synthesizing the Leadership Praxis and including thoughtful commentary and course papers. Students will develop a portfolio that highlights key learning points. Graduates will be prepared to analyze and report on organizational and leadership issues, evaluate programs, and carry out scholarly research.
Students who wish to proceed beyond this degree may apply for the IWU Doctor of Philosophy with a major in Organizational Leadership program, which has a selective admission process.
Relevant and Convenient
- Complete your degree in approximately 23 months
- Cohort groups provide mutual support
- One-time registration, no more waiting in line
- Doctorally-prepared instructors combine academic credentials with professional expertise
Tuition & Financial Aid
|36 Total||$494 / credit hour|
* Effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017.
The total cost of the program, including tuition, books, and fees, will be determined prior to your enrollment. The cost will be divided into several payments spread over the course of the program. Course textbooks will be shipped to you before each course begins. The cost of books increases for shipments outside of the 48 contiguous United States.
The total credit hours and per-credit-hour costs listed above are effective for the core program. For prerequisite or other required courses if applicable, students will need to pay for appropriate tuition, books, and any additional fees. Costs may change if you withdraw from the program and restart in a future program at a later date.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, veterans benefits, and even employer reimbursement.
Financial aid is not available for unclassified students.
The Master of Arts with a major in Organizational Leadership program is a 36-credit-hour program.
Below is the list of courses required to complete the program. Courses are generally taken sequentially, one at a time, until the program is complete. Full course descriptions may be viewed by clicking on the course titles below. For further information, feel free to contact us.
Preview Your Classes
Foundations of Leadership
Below are the lists of requirements for the MA in Organizational Leadership program. Click on each link to expand the requirements. If you have any questions about the admissions process, feel free to contact one of our admissions representatives at 1-866-498-4968.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or from an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, verified on official transcripts sent by the institution directly to Indiana Wesleyan University.
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or 2.75 with approval from the department chair).
- Applicants must currently be in a leadership position or demonstrate aspirations to attain a leadership position.
- Work experience is preferred (but not required).
- Completion of the 36-credit-hour course of studies with a GPA of at least 3.0 and a minimum grade of "C" in each course.
- The maintenance of good academic standing with the University throughout the program.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
Complete the Online Application
This is your first step toward making your dreams come true for your future. Whether it's to advance your current career, start a new career path, or simply continue that lifelong love of learning, Indiana Wesleyan University is the place for you.
Additional Steps to Apply
High School: Applicants who have fewer than 30 credit hours of college coursework are required to submit a copy of a high school diploma or transcript or GED scores for admission.
College: Official transcripts are required from each undergraduate regionally accredited institution attended. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts sent in a sealed envelope directly to IWU by the registrar of the attended institution(s). Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped "student copy," "issued to student," or "unofficial" cannot be accepted as official.
College Transcripts from Non-U.S. Schools: For college transcripts from non-U.S. schools, secure a "Course-by-Course Report" from Educational Credential Evaluators ( ECE). Be sure to request that the report be sent directly to us at the address below. The evaluation must list course-by-course hours and grades.
2. TOEFL Scores: Submit a copy of your TOEFL scores if English is not your primary language. For more information about this test, visit www.toefl.org.
Indiana Wesleyan University
Adult Enrollment Services
1900 W. 50th St.
Marion, IN 46953
Please contact your enrollment representative if you have any questions.
Below are the program locations, upcoming dates, and meeting times for the Master of Arts with a major in Organizational Leadership program. This list is updated regularly as new classes are added.