Online MA in Organizational Leadership
“The students in the program are already leaders and they’re coming to the program to become better leaders and to understand leadership and organizational behavior at a deeper level.”
- Boyd Johnson
About the Program
The Master of Arts with a major in Organizational Leadership degree program prepares students to meet the following objectives:
- Examine the complexities of leadership theory and assimilate into practical applications within an organizational context
- Understand and practice authenticity and integrity as a part of their character and leadership
- Synthesize knowledge about the foundational concepts of wisdom, followership, and stewardship as it applies to leadership
- Evaluate ethical dilemmas that face leaders and implement the appropriate response
- Analyze organizational problems and determine how the behavior of leaders and followers within an organization will be impacted
- Evaluate the change and organizational learning needs of an organization and implement appropriate strategies for redirecting the organization toward its goals
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for an organization that emphasizes governance and stewardship principles
- Practice scholarship by identifying organizational problems, researching the problems, and reporting the results of the research in a thesis
Participants will integrate and deliberate on the concepts critical to understanding each of these areas. Competency will be demonstrated in each area as evidenced through projects implemented in either the workplace or a community-based organization, synthesizing the Leadership Praxis and including thoughtful commentary and course papers. Students will develop a portfolio that highlights key learning points. Graduates will be prepared to analyze and report on organizational and leadership issues, evaluate programs, and carry out scholarly research.
Students who wish to proceed beyond this degree may apply for the IWU Doctor of Philosophy with a major in Organizational Leadership program, which has a selective admission process.
Relevant and Convenient
- Complete your degree in approximately 23 months
- Cohort groups provide mutual support
- One-time registration, no more waiting in line
- Doctorally-prepared instructors combine academic credentials with professional expertise
Tuition & Financial Aid
|36 Total||$494 / credit hour|
* Effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017.
The total cost of the program, including tuition, books, and fees, will be determined prior to your enrollment. The cost will be divided into several payments spread over the course of the program. Course textbooks will be shipped to you before each course begins. The cost of books increases for shipments outside of the 48 contiguous United States.
The total credit hours and per-credit-hour costs listed above are effective for the core program. For prerequisite or other required courses if applicable, students will need to pay for appropriate tuition, books, and any additional fees. Costs may change if you withdraw from the program and restart in a future program at a later date.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, veterans benefits, and even employer reimbursement.
Financial aid is not available for unclassified students.
The Master of Arts with a major in Organizational Leadership program is a 36-credit-hour program.
Below is the list of courses required to complete the program. Courses are generally taken sequentially, one at a time, until the program is complete. Full course descriptions may be viewed by clicking on the course titles below. For further information, feel free to contact us.
Preview Your Classes
Foundations of Leadership
Below are the lists of requirements for the MA in Organizational Leadership program. Click on each link to expand the requirements. If you have any questions about the admissions process, feel free to contact one of our admissions representatives at 1-866-498-4968.
Below are the program locations, upcoming dates, and meeting times for the Master of Arts with a major in Organizational Leadership program. This list is updated regularly as new classes are added.