Complete the Online Application.
This is your first step toward making your dreams come true for your future. Whether it's to advance your current career, start a new career path, or simply continue that lifelong love of learning, Indiana Wesleyan University is the place for you.
Additional Steps to Apply
Official transcripts showing both the baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate degrees conferred are required. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts sent in a sealed envelope directly to IWU by the registrar of each institution attended. Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped "student copy," "issued to student," or "unofficial" cannot be accepted as official.
College Transcripts from Non-U.S. Schools
For college transcripts from non-U.S. schools, secure a "Course-by-Course Report" from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). Be sure to request that the report be sent directly to us at the address below. The evaluation must list course-by-course hours and grades.
Submit a current résumé to include a career objective, previous undergraduate and graduate work, work experience, and special recognition or awards. The résumé should include the number of employees you have supervised in all leadership positions.
3. Recommendation Forms
Using this form, completed recommendations must be made by the applicant's current manager (for CEOs, this may be the chairman of the board of directors or a peer at another organization), an academic professor or leader in higher education, and someone who can speak to the spiritual character of the applicant.
The essay is an essential aspect of the admission process and will be carefully assessed in order to make an informed decision regarding your acceptance into the program. Submit an essay following the guidelines and carefully addressing each question below:
- Typed, double-spaced, and numbered, with a minimum of five (5) pages and a maximum of six (6) pages in length.
- Clear and convincing response to the questions.
- Organization and presentation (i.e., readability and formatting).
- Critical thinking that is clearly expressed.
- Carefully proofread and has convincing language and phrasing.
- Scholarly (academic) writing skills that evidences an ability to analyze and integrate literature from the leadership field.
All questions are to be answered in a manner that demonstrates the scholarship and critical thinking of the applicant. The questions to be addressed in the essay include:
- How will the attainment of the Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership enhance your ability to fulfill your life purpose?
- How has your leadership experience prepared you to excel in a doctoral leadership program?
- How will your current leadership position enable you to put into practice the concepts and principles that you hope to learn in this program?
- What is your understanding of the concept of leadership and the need for it in your professional field?
- What convincing evidence can you offer that you are prepared for the scholarship necessary to complete doctoral coursework and a dissertation?
- Do you have convincing evidence of sufficient computer skills to engage in online discussion forums, access online library resources, engage in online videoconferencing, and utilize word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software?
5. Test Scores
Applicants must complete and submit copies of scores from the general test portion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) may be substituted at the discretion of the Admissions Selection Committee. If registering to take one of these exams, use 1446 as the institution code for reporting the scores to Indiana Wesleyan University.
6. TOEFL Scores
Submit a copy of your TOEFL scores if English is not your primary language. For more information about this test, visit www.toefl.org.
Materials should be mailed to:
Indiana Wesleyan University
Adult Enrollment Services
1900 W. 50th St.
Marion, IN 46953
Please contact your program representative if you have any questions.