MASTER OF SCIENCE MSN/MBA
Indiana Wesleyan University's MSN/MBA degree program is a 60-credit-hour dual-degree graduate program comprised of Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Business Administration/MBA coursework. The program is designed to meet the worldwide need for knowledgeable, principle-centered nurse administrators. Intended to prepare managers as both economic and ethical leaders, the nursing business administration degree emphasizes the integration and application of both nursing and business knowledge.
Class structure deals with both the qualitative and quantitative skills required of today's health care managers. Working in a collaborative environment with fellow students, you will revitalize your commitment to the health and well-being of your community. You will learn from instructors who share your goals for meeting today's rapidly changing nursing administration needs with leadership, scholarship and lifelong education.
Dual Degree, MSN-MBA
IWU's School of Nursing and DeVoe School of Business have combined efforts to create online MSN/MBA programs that focus on combining business and nursing skills. This unique program is one of the few MSN programs in Indiana that allow students to take all classes online.
The curriculum is based on the competencies and standards set by the American Organization of Nursing Executives (AONE). Graduates are prepared to assume leadership/administration roles within a variety of health care settings and are eligible to apply for certification or licensure by nursing administration credentialing bodies. The nurse desiring a strong working knowledge of health care finance will benefit from the MSN/MBA degree.
Graduates of the MSN/MBA program should be able to:
- Integrate transformational servant leadership concepts into their roles as nurse administrators.
- Create an evidence-based approach to health care management and leadership.
- Utilize effective stewardship of human and financial resources in health care administration.
- Integrate nursing and business skills to create effective, efficient and innovative health care systems.
- Design operational and strategic plans for health care systems based on sound finance, accounting and economic principles.
- Demonstrate proficiency in graduate student mission learning outcomes.
Completed applications will be evaluated by the Graduate Nursing Admissions Committee.
Why choose IWU?
If you are considering earning an MSN/MBA dual degree in Indiana and want to attend a Christian university, we invite you to contact us at 866-498-4968 for more information about this and other adult education programs. IWU is dedicated to providing accredited degree completion programs designed for students who want a moral and ethical emphasis in their education. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.