the Master of Business Administration in Health Care Administration (MBA-HCA)
program design solutions and strategies for complex business problems and
opportunities within the healthcare industry, evaluate personal management
capabilities and design a plan for economic growth, and integrate critical
analysis with healthcare administration disciplines.
Students who are working toward
earning their Master’s
in Health Administration will synthesize ethical standards in
decision-making and strategy development, create appropriate communication
strategies to achieve organizational goals, and integrate a biblical framework
that guides interactions within the healthcare environment and workplace.
- A baccalaureate or Master's
degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting
body or by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, verified on
official transcripts sent by the institution directly to Indiana Wesleyan
- An undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution at which a minimum of
30 credit hours were completed. If an applicant’s GPA is below 2.5,
the student may be admitted on a probationary basis, as established by the
guidelines of the college.
Additional Requirements for
- Six (6) graduate credit hours in Accounting with a minimum
grade of “B” in each course; OR
- Twelve (12) undergraduate credit hours in Accounting with a
minimum grade of “B” in each course.
- All credits required in the curriculum sequence with a minimum
GPA of 3.0 and a minimum grade of “C” in each course. A grade of “C-” or
below will require the course to be repeated.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0 in all IWU graduate work.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
Upon degree completion of the graduate program, students
will be able to:
- Design solutions and strategies
for complex business problems and opportunities within the health care
- Evaluate personal health care management
capabilities and design a plan for continual growth
- Integrate critical analysis
with health care administration disciplines to ensure organizational
- Synthesize ethical standards in
decision-making and strategy development
- Create appropriate
communication strategies to achieve organization goals
- Integrate a biblical framework
that guides interactions within the health care industry
- Provide qualified health care administrators for
hospitals and other health care settings
MBA in Health Care
can choose between our online or onsite campus locations in Indiana,
Ohio and Kentucky.
If you are interested in earning your Master’s
in health care administration in Indiana, please contact our Christian university at 866-IWU-4-YOU for more information
about this adult