Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is designed to prepare nurses at an advanced level of nursing science. The degree capitalizes on the student's RN license and understanding of the research process as the student learns the critical next step of translating research findings into best practices. The program therefore emphasizes the development of the student's capacity to impact the clinical setting as a leader and to utilize research to improve and transform health care. The program is based on the understanding that nursing provides services, which include the direct care of individual clients, management of care for populations, administration of healthcare systems, and development and implementation of health policy. IWU's DNP foci will be on systems and organizational leadership. A unique program aspect will be the Global Healthcare course, which will provide all DNP students with a global health care setting experience.
NEW! IWU has received a significant grant to assist students in the Nursing Education specialization through the Nurse Faculty Loan Program ( NFLP )
Through interactive online workshops and three required one-week onsite residencies at the Marion campus, the nursing DNP in Indiana prepares students to:
- Lead healthcare delivery teams to meet the needs of diverse populations.
- Synthesize principles of leadership in the evaluation and resolution of ethical and legal issues within healthcare systems.
- Apply creative and culturally sensitive approaches in the comprehensive assessment of healthcare systems.
- Integrate character, scholarship and leadership in advanced nursing practice.
- Develop innovative practice approaches based on theories from nursing and other disciplines.
- Influence healthcare policy from an interprofessional perspective to improve health outcomes.
In keeping with the mission of Indiana Wesleyan University, courses throughout our graduate studies in Nursing programs incorporate the integration of faith. Contact Indiana Wesleyan to learn more about our Christian university, our Indiana DNP programs, or our other degree completion and adult education programs.