- High school graduation or GED certification.
- Proof of current unencumbered RN licensure (USA).
- Official transcripts from all previous college or university studies at regionally accredited colleges or universities.
- Must have met one of the following degree or diploma requirements:
- An associate degree with a major in Nursing with at least 60 transferable credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university. ~OR~
- A diploma from a state Board of Nursing-accredited hospital school of nursing. A maximum of 40 credit hours may be transferred. ~OR~
- An associate degree with a major in Nursing or equivalent degree from a proprietary college with national accreditation. A maximum of 40 credit hours of supporting science and nursing courses may be transferred.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 from all previous college studies. If an applicant's GPA is below 2.0, the student may be admitted on a probationary basis, as established by the guidelines of the School of Nursing.
Progression through the Core
- Students must complete each individual core course with a grade of "C" or higher.
- All core courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher before the capstone course, NUR-495, may be taken.
- To progress in the major, students must have obtained a core GPA of at least 2.75 by the end of the third course. Students whose overall GPA falls below 2.75 any time after the third course will be placed on academic probation for the next three courses.
- Students who take longer than six years to complete the program must petition to continue in the program.
- Students must complete a health clearance as required if completing the capstone in an agency. Students must be licensed in the state in which they are completing capstone course experiences.
- A minimum of 40 graded credit hours must be earned at Indiana Wesleyan University to be eligible for academic honors.
- Completion of 124 credit hours, including 30 credit hours of Liberal Arts courses as follows:
- 3 credit hours in Biblical Literature.
- 3 credit hours in Philosophy/Religion/Biblical Literature.
- 9 credit hours in English/Composition/Speech/Literature.
- 6 credit hours in Social Sciences.
- 3 credit hours in Math.
- 3 credit hours in Science.
- 3 credit hours in Fine Arts/Foreign Language.
- Completion of core courses with a grade of "C" or better in each and a GPA of 2.75 or higher, and an overall cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
Please see the minimum Computer Requirements for students who take courses for the Parish Nursing Certificate.
Liberal Arts courses are offered through Indiana Wesleyan University and are available at many sites throughout Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, as well as online.
The following services are available only after the application process is complete:
- Consultation with an academic adviser.
- Determination of credits for prior learning.
- CLEP or DANTES testing for credits.
- Determination of transfer credits.