Transfer to IWU Marion

Reach Out


Transfer to IWU's Marion Campus

We are so glad you are considering transferring to IWU! Nearly 3,000 students are enrolled in traditional programs on our 350 acre residential campus in Marion, IN.

Indiana Wesleyan University offers more than 80 undergraduate degrees and an expanding list of graduate degree programs to residential students representing more than 80 Christian denominations and 10 foreign countries.

Will my Credits Transfer?

Generally speaking... Credits earned must be from an accredited institution, you must have earned a "C" or higher in the course, and the course must be 100-level or higher.

Transfer Credit Calculator

How Do I Get Started?

1. Complete An Application

Take five minutes to complete your application for IWU!

Start Your Application

2. Submit Your Transcripts

Request your high school, GED record, or college transcript be sent from your current/previous institution. or by mail to:
4201 South Washington Street
Marion, IN 46953

Meet Other Transfer Students

..."when I first visited, it just felt like home. And I didn't want to go anywhere else!"

Maddie S.
Transfer Student, Marketing

Meet the Transfer Counselors

We have a team of transfer counselors ready to assist you throughout the admissions process. Each student’s journey to IWU is unique and our team is prepared to join you on your journey.

Brittany Moser
Transfer Specialist
Tony Stevens
International, Missionary and Third Culture Students

Transfer Student FAQs

IWU's transfer admissions counselors are ready to assist you as you consider joining the Indiana Wesleyan University community.
No. There is no application fee in order to apply to IWU.
No, an essay and resume are not needed for application to IWU.
Once an application is completed, it will be submitted for review. There is a two-week period in which a decision is made and formal communication is sent to the student via mail. A student will be verbally informed of the decision within that two-week period.
A student is classified as a transfer student if he/she has attempted at least 12 credit hours of college-level coursework after high school graduation.
Consideration for admission will be given to students who hold a 2.0 GPA, or above.
Each application is considered on an individual basis. Should a student's academic performance fall below the listed requirements, an admissions counselor will request additional information regarding the student's academic history.

Please contact a transfer admissions counselor to discuss your unique academic pathway.

All students must ensure that they meet graduation requirements before they can receive their degree. Graduation requirements include completing a minimum of 124 credits, as well as successful completion of all major and general education requirements.

Credits earned must be from an accredited institution, you must have earned a "C" or higher in the course, and the course must be 100-level or higher. 

Want to know specifics of how your college credit will be applied? Contact your transfer admissions counselor, and we’ll get back to you soon!

A degree audit is generated once a student is accepted to IWU. The degree audit is accessible to students on their IWU Portal.
All IWU students are required to live on-campus unless they are married, living with their legal guardian within 60 miles of campus, 23 years of age or older, or taking fewer than nine credit hours.
An official transcript evaluated by a credentialed evaluator, and a TOEFL or IELTS if English is not the student's primary language.

If English is not a student's primary language, the student must provide one of the following:

  1. TOEFL (score of 79 internet-based, 550 paper-based) -or-
  2. IELTS (score of 6.5)

Students who earn a score lower than the minimum required may be considered for the IWU-Marion Bridge English Language Program. Consideration for the Bridge program is based on eligibility and will be discussed with the student by the international admissions counselor.

Yes, all transcripts issued by a university/college outside of the USA must go through a credentialed evaluator that is NACES approved. For more information visit:

Commonly used evaluators include:

International student-athletes with transcripts from outside the USA must have transcripts evaluated by InCred