Dual Enrollment for H.S. Students

Reach Out



High School Juniors and Seniors Get a Jumpstart

IWU-Marion's Wildcat Academy dual enrollment program allows juniors and seniors in high school to earn college credit before high school graduation. These credits satisfy IWU requirements and can be transferred to other universities.

Why Take Dual Enrollment Courses?

  • Complete college courses at a reduced cost.
  • Get a head start on college and save time on your degree in college.
  • Experience the collegiate academic environment alongside other dual enrollment students, as well as current undergraduates.
  • Develop skills that will encourage personal and academic success during college, including time management, responsibility, collaboration, and communication.


Costs and admission requirements >

How Dual Enrollment Works

In high school, you can earn college credit through IWU's dual enrollment program, saving you time and money in your path toward a college degree!

Eligible high school juniors may take one onsite, three-credit-hour course per term beginning in the fall semester and each summer session between the junior and senior years.

Eligible high school seniors may take up to two onsite courses per term, not to exceed a total of six credit hours per term.

Total credits earned through the program may not exceed 16 credit hours.

Dual Enrollment Costs and Admission Requirements

Each student taking courses will need to submit an application fee ($25) with the application, then pay tuition ($50/credit hour) upon acceptance. Tuition must be paid before a student can be enrolled in a course.


Pay Application Fee

Pay Tuition

*Some courses may have an associated fee, which is the responsibility of the applicant.


  • Be a high school junior or senior
  • Have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher

Admission Requirements

  • Application with grade release
  • Letter of recommendation
    • Students enrolled in a high school should request the letter of recommendation from their guidance counselor. Students who are homeschooled should request the letter of recommendation from an academic reference who is a non-relative.
  • Official high school transcript
    • Transcripts must be emailed directly by the high school to wildcatacademy@indwes.edu, provided through an electronic e-transcript source (i.e. Parchment), or by fax to (765) 677-2333.


  • Be a high school junior or senior
  • Have achieved a "C" or higher in courses completed with IWU-Marion

Admission Requirements

  • Application with grade release

Important Dates

Applications Open March 1 - August 17, 2024
Enrollment Open April 1 - August 24, 2024
Deadline to Drop Class September 11, 2024
Deadline to Withdraw from Class November 8, 2024

Dual Enrollment FAQs

Each student taking courses will need to submit an application fee ($25) with the application, then pay tuition ($50/credit hour) upon acceptance.

Tuition must be paid before a student can be enrolled in a course.

Students who are admitted for dual enrollment will receive an email sharing the steps to take in order to officially request a dual enrollment course. (Note: Students must re-apply for each term.)

Students desiring to continue in the Wildcat Academy program, must earn a grade of "C" or higher for each course completed.

If a student enrolls for a new term, prior to grades being entered for the previous term and the required grade was not achieved, then the student will be dropped from the course(s) for the next term.

If a student withdraws from Indiana Wesleyan University, they may receive a tuition refund based on when the withdrawal occurred within the semester. There are no refunds if a student withdraws after the fifth week.
Withdrawal Week Refund Amount
1 100%
2 100%
3 75%
4 50%
5 25%
6+ No Refunds
Unfortunately, no. The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable (cannot be applied to a future term's application).

If for some reason a student is unable to complete a course, it is very important they cancel their registration. Students who do not cancel their registration may receive an “F” grade on their permanent record for failure to attend and complete assignments.

Drop a Course: Courses may be “dropped” by emailing Registration & Academic Services (RAS) at RAS@indwes.edu using the IWU student e-mail account before the second Friday after the start of the class.

Withdraw from a Course: Wildcat Academy students can "withdraw" from a course up until the tenth week by emailing RAS at RAS@indwes.edu .

  • When a course is dropped, it is not included on the student's permanent record.
  • Withdrawals are included on a student's permanent record with a grade of "W".

Log in to the IWU Portal using your IWU student credentials.

Your username and password will be provided to you via email after you are enrolled in a course.

You will also be assigned an IWU student-email. This is the email your professor will use to contact you throughout the course. You should begin checking this email once you are enrolled in a course.

Student ID cards can be picked up 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday in the Student Development Office on the second floor of the Barnes Student Center (above Wildcat Express).

You will need to know your ID number at this time. Your ID number will be provided to you upon enrollment in a course.

Textbook information can be found at the IWU Bookstore.

Some courses will utilize online resources.

If you have any questions regarding textbooks, contact the IWU Bookstore at 888-392-2930.

As a dual enrollment student, you must have a parking pass. A new parking pass is required for each academic year.

You will park in the yellow lines on campus, designated for commuter students. Campus police will provide you with a map when you pick up your parking pass. 

Steps to Get a Parking Pass
  1. Apply for a parking pass on the IWU Portal under “Student Parking Registration”
  2. Pay parking permit fee online. ($30/semester or $60/year)
  3. Pick up your parking pass from Campus Police in the Barnes Student Center.
    Tell them you are a dual enrollment student who is commuting to campus for class.
    Office hours for Campus Police are as follows:
    Monday - Thursday (11am - 5pm) and Friday (11am - 4pm). 
  4. Place your parking pass in the lower, passenger-side corner of your front window.

At the conclusion of the semester, your grade for your course will be sent to the high school representative identified on your Grade Release Form at the time of application for the term of the course.

If you would like to order an official transcript you may do so through the Registrar’s Office.

Course Offerings for Fall 2024

Please note, this list includes all 100-level courses with IWU's traditional undergraduate campus. Some courses may be reserved for full-time degree seeking students. These courses may include music ensembles, FYE courses, and courses reserved for full-time degree seeking students within a major at IWU. As a dual enrollment student, should you choose a course that is reserved for a degree-seeking student, the IWU dual enrollment coordinator will reach out to you directly to work with you in choosing an alternate course. If you have any questions, please contact the dual enrollment coordinator at wildcatacademy@indwes.edu.