These are the courses that make up the IWU Transition to Teaching program.
These courses will provide a wide array of teaching strategies, theories, techniques, and methods to prepare you for the classroom.
The Transition to Teaching program at IWU was created as an accelerated program. The structure permits students the opportunity to learn the material well and maintain personal time with their families:
- Complete your program in 16-18 months.
- Cohort groups provide mutual support.
- Classes meet entirely online or a hybrid of online/onsite on Saturdays*.
- One-time registration, no more waiting in line.
- Professors are highly qualified professionals.
- Books and materials are delivered to you and included in the cost of the program.
* Field experiences in courses and student teaching require time in schools.
Programs of Study
Elementary Education Program of Study
Secondary Education Program of Study