We are happy your journey has brought you back to IWU. This exceptional education and close Christian community has so much to offer.

An IWU education is about excellence, but it is also about discovering your purpose and calling in life. Through life coaching, career development, leadership studies, student engagement, and more, IWU will help you to reach your full potential - in college, in your career, and in every area of your life.

If you've already been an IWU student enrolled on a full-time basis, the return process is simplified...

Re-admit Steps

  1. Complete the Re-admit Form and additional paperwork with the Admissions Office.
  2. File the FAFSA and connect with the Financial Aid Office.
  3. Talk to your Academic Adviser to double-check your degree requirements and schedule a time to meet for academic advising.
  4. Connect with Student Development to complete the Campus Housing Application or to complete the off-campus housing process.
  5. Clear up any holds on your account.
  6. Register for classes.

Re-admit Forms

In most cases you will only need one or two forms to be approved to return to IWU. All students must complete the Re-admit Application. If you've attempted any college work since you were last enrolled at IWU, you will also need to have the Transfer Information Form completed by the Dean of Students at your most recent college. You will also need to have official transcripts sent to the Admissions Office by any college where you've attempted college work since you ceased your enrollment at IWU.

Registering for Classes

Re-admit students are allowed to register for classes once all students who are currently enrolled have had a chance to register for the coming semester. Typically this occurs near mid-November for spring semesters and mid-April for fall semesters. Students must be registered by the end of the first day of classes each semester. Please check with the Admissions Office or Residential Academic Services for exact dates.

If there are no holds on your student record, your re-admit paperwork can usually be processed the same day it is all received by the Admissions Office (keep in mind, though, that transcripts need to be sent by the college you attended and not hand-delivered). Once it is processed you will be given a Permit to Register, which you will take to Residential Academic Services to receive a registration packet. Please be aware that offices close at 5 p.m. We encourage you to check with the Admissions Office to ensure that all paperwork is in order before coming to campus to register.

You will need to schedule a meeting with your academic adviser to assist you with course selection and sign your registration form before you can complete your registration. If you have changed majors or are unsure who your academic adviser is, Residential Academic Services can assist you in making that connection.

Clearing up Holds

A hold can be placed on a student's record for multiple reasons. There are financial holds for things like an outstanding balance on your student account, parking tickets or library fines. Some students also receive a hold because of excess chapel absences or from Student Development for a community conduct violation. In most cases these are relatively easy for you to resolve. However, they must be cleared with the department who has issued the hold before your application to return to IWU can be processed.

When you complete your application for re-admission and submit it to the Admissions Office, you will be notified if there are any holds on your student record. If you'd like to check them in advance, you may do so by contacting Debi Walters at 765-677-2133.

What if I've been Suspended or Dismissed?

Students who have been suspended or dismissed academically must meet the requirements outlined in the catalog before being considered for re-admission to the university.

  • Students who have been suspended may reapply after one semester away and completion of at least 12 college-level credits at a regionally accredited college with a minimum of a 2.2 cumulative GPA.
  • Students who have been dismissed may reapply after two semesters away and completion of at least 12 college-level credits at a regionally accredited college with a minimum of a 2.2 cumulative GPA.

Once you've met these requirements you are eligible to appeal to the Academic Standing Sub-Committee for approval to return on probation. In addition to the Re-admit Form, Transfer Information Form and College Transcript(s), you'll need to complete a letter of appeal. The letter should outline what caused your academic deficiencies, why the outcomes will be improved if you are allowed to return and how you plan to make your next college experience successful. An appeal does not guarantee that a student will be granted permission to return to campus.

If you've been suspended or dismissed by the Student Development Office, you will need to check with them for the terms of your departure and eligibility to return to IWU.

Returning on Probation

If you were placed on academic probation before you ended your enrollment with IWU or it is a condition of your return, you will be required to meet with the Director of Residential Academic Services before you register for classes. In some cases, you may be required to take specific courses or meet with the Director of the Center for Student Success. These requirements will be outlined for you during your meeting with the Director of Residential Academic Services.

If you've been placed on citizenship probation, you'll need to check with Student Development for the terms and requirements.

Last updated: 05/05/2017