About the Ron Blue Institute
Through research, education, and training we will equip individuals to make financial decisions through the lens of a Biblical worldview.
The RBI purposes are:
- To become the recognized national center for thought leadership in Biblical financial principles
- To serve as the Christian university home for a community of influencers on the personal, corporate, and social use of Biblical financial principles
- To provide products and services to colleges, churches, non-profits, and businesses based on Ron Blue’s articulation of Biblical financial principles, augmented by relevant research, and thoughtful application
- To help build a Christian financial planning profession
Christlikeness, Biblical Truth, Financial Stewardship, Generosity, and Contentment
We seek to be a thought leader with great influence committed to changing the way Christians think, act, and communicate about financial stewardship empowering the Church and changing the world by teaching that Jesus Christ is the source of all wisdom.
Strategic Importance for Indiana Wesleyan University
- The Ron Blue Institute for Financial Planning is central to IWU’s educational mission because it will equip our students with sound Biblical principles for financial wisdom.
- The Ron Blue Institute for Financial Planning enables the fulfillment of the IWU mission to transform society by articulating and defending Biblical financial wisdom.
- The Ron Blue Institute for Financial Planning is an important entity within IWU because of its central role in:
- Developing thought leadership in Biblical financial principles
- Assembling and empowering a network of key influencers
- Identifying and channeling financial resources for these purposes
Every Christian man, woman, and child in North America will understand Biblical financial principles resulting in them seeking to:
- live simply,
- work diligently and
- give generously
for the spread of the Gospel to all nations, peoples and tongues.
Strategy: We intend to deliver Biblically-based financial wisdom to the body of Christ by providing thought leadership and content through professional, church and academic channels.
Ron Blue is a highly respected name in personal finance, biblical financial planning, and financial stewardship. The RBI charge is to publish, package, and distribute this wealth of financial wisdom of Biblically-based truths, principles, and practices to the professional, church and academic channels. Our aim is to enable Christians to apply the truth of scripture to every decision we make as they seek to find financial contentment and practice generosity.
The following table shows the pillars, principles and five uses that are essential to the core content Ron Blue has developed through decades of practice and teaching.
|Perspectives||Spend less than you earn||Lifestyle|
|Principles||Avoid the use of debt||Debt|
|Processes||Set long term goals||Saving|
The fives uses are being viewed as Give, Live, Owe, and Grow and the process of being transformed from Living to Giving and Owing to Growing
Last updated: 09/01/2015