2011 Archives | Midwest Scholars | Indiana Wesleyan University
2011 ACADEMIC TRACKS & PRESENTATIONS
The following presentations for Midwest Scholars 2011 are arranged by academic track. Select a title to view the presentation material.
P-12 Practices & Research
Best practices in P-12 education and research on learning and instruction in primary and secondary education, e.g. technology and evidence-based instructional design.
- Community Based Mentoring and School Attendance
- National Guard Children - The Unidentified At-Risk
- Preparing High School Students for College: A Multi-Modal Group Approach
- Situational Leadership Theory in the Classroom
Issues in Higher Education
Assessment, innovative teaching techniques, and problem solving activities in post-secondary education.
- A New Spin on Engaging Distance Faculty
- Adults Around the World: Is Global Studies an Option?
- Black Diaspora in Higher Education: A Discussion of Methods for Engaging & Promoting Student Success Among Black Male Students
- Building Community in a Non-Traditional Environment
- Decisions - Decisions…Qualitative vs. Quantitative Research Methods
- FERPA and Today
- Impact of Adult Degree Programs on the Organizational Climate of Christian
- Colleges and Universities
- Implementing Active Learning Strategies in the Business Classroom
- Mysteries of Grant Writing Solved!
- Steps in Planning and Writing a Course
- Teaching Critical Thinking Dispositions
- Win One "Communication Strategies for Innovative Teaching Improvements"
- World Changers From the Inside Out
Technology & E-Learning
The challenges of bringing technology to the classroom or learning online.
- Cell Phones Have Class!
- Course Design/Innovation Process
- Electronic Documents in Education: A Service of OCLS (Off Campus Library Services)
- Google in the Cloud and in the Classroom
- Improve Student Learning Outcomes in Computer Programming Courses
- "Lose that Bulging Bookbag": E-Books in the Academic Setting
- Social Media in Higher Education
- YouTube - Create Your Own E-Learning Videos
Business & Leadership
Research findings and creative practices focusing on business or leadership.
- Casting Visions Through Personal Stories: Motivating Adult Students at the Heart Level
- Demystifying Phenomenology: Using Phenomenology in Business Research
- Developing CQ (Cultural Intelligence) Through Short-Term Study Tours
- Ethics of a Leader and Its Impact on the Moral Development of the Organization, The
- Facilitating Financial Literacy Utilizing the Learn, Unlearn, Relearn Approach
- Followership: Do Leaders Wear 2 Hats?
- From Content Dump to Competency Development
- Leader as Steward Within the Christian Organization
- Leader Decision Making and Institutional Isomorphism
- Leading Change
- Leading Change in the Local Church: Spiritual Values as a Guide to the Change Process
- Organizational Effectiveness Assessment
- Prudent Leadership: Exploring the Emergence of Organizational Wisdom
- Teach What You Learn: Sharing Your Scholarly Research in Business Classes
- Teacher as Storyteller
- Transformational Leadership and Change Readiness Using Assessments for Near
- Term Prescriptive Organizational Intervention
- Ubuntu - Using African Interactive Leadership for Reconciliation
- When Leaders Fail to Apply Wisdom: The Imbalance Theory of Foolishness
- When Ethics and Incentives Collide in the Financial Industry
Faith & Theology
The interaction of faith and education as addressed in larger theological questions.
- The Church's Role in Serving People with Disabilities
- Walk a Mile in a Muslim's Shoes
Enlightening presentations of the traditional Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, and/or Criminal Justice.
- Express Yourself - Using Expressive Writing to Aid Criminal Offenders in Achieving
- Behavioral Change
- Juggling Act: Career and Family
- MyWritingLab: Accelerating Remediation for Adult Learners
- "To Hell with Art": The Combat Artists
Last updated: 10/18/2016