Transition to Teaching - Ohio
“Educational administrators are looking for students that have character and are leaders in the classroom and in the school. At Indiana Wesleyan University, our program will help students build those skills.”
Early Childhood Education - Ohio
Indiana Wesleyan University offers a 24 credit hour accelerated, Post-Baccalaureate program providing the pedagogy and clinical experiences necessary for adult learners to pursue teaching as a career in grades P-3. This new program is already approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education, the governing board of teacher licensure in Ohio, and includes an Ohio-required, 12-hour reading block. The coursework of this program is offered online with field experiences and clinical practice in P-3 classrooms embedded into the courses.
Relevant and Convenient
- Complete your degree in approximately 15-20 months
- Work with a cohort group that provides mutual support
- Register only one time, no more waiting in line
- Classes online
- Learn from highly qualified practitioner-faculty
Tuition & Financial Aid
|TTT Early Childhood Education Ohio||24 Total||$462 / credit hour|
* Effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017.
The total cost of the program, including tuition, books, and fees, will be determined prior to your enrollment. The cost will be divided into several payments spread over the course of the program. Course textbooks will be shipped to you before each course begins. The cost of books increases for shipments outside of the 48 contiguous United States.
The total credit hours and per-credit-hour costs listed above are effective for the core program. For prerequisite or other required courses if applicable, students will need to pay for appropriate tuition, books, and any additional fees. Costs may change if you withdraw from the program and restart in a future program at a later date.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, veterans benefits, and even employer reimbursement.
Ready to make your educational and professional goals a reality? Apply now!
Below is the list of courses required to complete the Transition to Teaching Early Childhood Education (Ohio) program. Courses are generally taken sequentially, one at a time, until the program is complete. Full course descriptions may be viewed by clicking on the course titles below. For further information, feel free to contact us.
Note: All core coursework prior to EDUT 582 must be completed with a minimum grade of no less than “B-” in each core course to be eligible to student teach.
Below are the lists of requirements for the Transition to Teaching - Ohio program. Click on each link to expand the requirements. If you have any questions about the admissions process, feel free to contact one of our admissions representatives at 1-866-498-4968.
All applicants must have:
- Earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university or college with a grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 point scale from an institution of higher education
- A criminal history background check that meets School of Educational Leadership guidelines
- Minimum score of “3” or higher on a required Candidate Disposition Admission Assessment
All candidates must have:
- Complete all course requirements with a minimum GPA of 3.00 and no grade lower than a “B-”.
- Complete admission, mid-program review, and program completion gateways.
- Successfully pass all Clinical Experience requirements associated with their program.
- Provide passing scores for all required state licensure content and pedagogy examinations.
- Successfully pass all Key Assessments with a score of a “3” or “4” for all rubric criteria.
- Successfully pass all Professional Dispositions with a score of a “3” or “4” for all rubric criteria.
To be considered for admission to the Transition to Teaching (TTT) Program, complete each of the following steps. For more information, call 866-498-4968 to speak with a Program Representative.
- Apply Online
College: Applicants who have more than 30 credit hours of college coursework are required to submit an official transcript from each undergraduate regionally accredited institution attended. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts sent in a sealed envelope directly to IWU by the registrar of the attended institution(s). Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped “student copy,” “issued to student,” or “unofficial” cannot be accepted as official.
College Transcripts from Non-U.S. Schools: For college transcripts from non-U.S. schools, secure a “Course-by-Course Report” from Educational Credential Evaluators. Be sure to request that the report be sent directly to Indiana Wesleyan University. The evaluation must list course-by-course hours and grades.
- TOEFL Scores
Submit a copy of your Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores if English is not your primary language.
- A state approved criminal history check(s).
Below are the program locations, upcoming dates, and meeting times for the Transition to Teaching (Ohio) program. This list is updated regularly as new classes are added.