Indiana Wesleyan University's Master of Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education's Board of Accreditation.

CSWE Board of Accreditation logo

Accreditation of a baccalaureate or master’s social work program by the Council on Social Work Education’s Commission on Accreditation indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of program quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited program has sufficient resources to meet its mission and goals and the Commission on Accreditation has verified that it demonstrates compliance with all sections of the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.

Accreditation applies to all program sites and program delivery methods of an accredited program.  Accreditation provides reasonable assurance about the quality of the program and the competence of students graduating from the program.

CSWE Assessment Outcomes

January 2019- January 2020 Outcomes

January 2020 - January 2021 Outcomes

January 2021 - January 2022 Outcomes

January 2022- January 2023 Outcomes

Note on Licensure

The minimum academic credential required to obtain licensure to practice as a social worker in most states is a Master of Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Indiana Wesleyan University’s MSW program is accredited by CSWE.


State licensing boards are responsible for regulating the practice of social work, and each state has its own academic, licensure, and certification requirements.


IWU recommends that students consult the appropriate social work licensing board in the state in which they plan to practice to determine the specific academic requirements for licensure. It remains the individual’s responsibility to understand, evaluate, and comply with all licensing requirements for the state in which he or she intends to practice. IWU makes no representations or guarantees that completion of its coursework or programs will permit an individual to achieve state licensure, authorization, endorsement, or other state credential as a social worker.