A.S. in General Studies
“A wide range of concentrations are available for your use based on your background, your experience, and your interests.”
- Dr. Frank Ponce
Design Your Own Degree
Has earning your degree seemed like an impossible task? Have you attended one or more colleges or universities, but been discouraged because you couldn’t find the courses you wanted? Have you stopped taking classes because they were not scheduled at a time convenient for you? Have you been frustrated because you couldn’t find a program to fit your needs?
With a General Studies degree from Indiana Wesleyan University, you can:
- Combine courses you have taken at other regionally accredited institutions and roll them into an extremely flexible degree program
- Choose from numerous career path concentrations
- Complete courses that are convenient to your schedule and location
- Choose online classes or classroom sessions - or both!
Relevant and Convenient
- Complete your degree in as little as 18 months
- Leverage previous academic work for degree completion
- Classes meet one night per week or online
- Instructors combine academic credentials with professional expertise
- Industry leading learning software tools
- Learn value-adding problem solving and collaboration skills
Tuition & Financial Aid
|Credit Hours||Onsite Tuition||Online Tuition|
|62 Total||$277 / credit hour||$277 / credit hour|
*Effective July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017.
The total cost of the program, including tuition, books, eBooks, and fees, will be determined prior to your enrollment. The cost will be divided into several payments spread over the course of the program. Course textbooks will be shipped to you before each course begins. The cost of books increases for shipments outside of the 48 contiguous United States.
The total credit hours and per-credit-hour costs listed above are effective for the core program. For prerequisite or other required courses if applicable, students will need to pay for appropriate tuition, books, and any additional fees. Costs may change if you withdraw from the program and restart in a future program at a later date.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, veterans benefits, and even employer reimbursement.
IWU’s flexible Associate of Science with a major in General Studies degree program allows you to select from any number of concentrations:
- Computer Information Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Fine Arts
- Human Services
- Liberal Arts
- Life Sciences
- Religious Studies
Below are the lists of requirements for the AS in General Studies program. Click on each link to expand the requirements. If you have any questions about the admissions process, feel free to contact one of our admissions representatives at 1-866-498-4968.
Below are the program locations, upcoming dates, and meeting times for the Associate of Science in General Studies program. This list is updated regularly as new classes are added.