About The Program
Indiana Wesleyan University's Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership degree program is a 36-credit-hour graduate program designed to prepare students to meet the following objectives:
- Examine the complexities of leadership theory and assimilate into practical applications within an organizational context
- Understand and practice authenticity and integrity as a part of their character and leadership
- Synthesize knowledge about the foundational concepts of wisdom, followership, and stewardship as it applies to leadership
- Evaluate ethical dilemmas that face leaders and implement the appropriate response
- Analyze organizational problems and determine how the behavior of leaders and followers within an organization will be impacted
- Evaluate the change and organizational learning needs of an organization and implement appropriate strategies for redirecting the organization toward its goals
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for an organization that emphasizes governance and stewardship principles
- Practice scholarship by identifying organizational problems, researching the problems, and reporting the results of the research in a thesis
Participants will integrate and deliberate on the concepts critical to understanding each of these areas. Students will develop a portfolio that demonstrates competence in each area as evidenced through projects implemented in either the workplace or a community-based organization, synthesizing the Leadership Praxis and including thoughtful commentary and course papers. Graduates will be prepared to analyze and report on organizational and leadership issues, evaluate programs, and carry out scholarly research.
Program coursework is offered in a completely online format. Students who wish to proceed beyond this Master's degree may apply for the IWU Doctor of Philosophy with a major in Organizational Leadership program, which has a selective admission process.
Relevant and Convenient
- Accelerated degree - approximately 23 month program
- Cohort groups provide mutual support
- One-time registration, no more waiting in line
- Classes in the blended format meet on Saturdays
- Doctorally-prepared instructors combine academic credentials with professional expertise
Why wait to earn your Master's in organizational leadership?
Indiana Wesleyan University is a Christian university that focuses on adult education programs and degree completion, with convenient campus locations in Indianapolis and Merrillville, Indiana. If you are interested in earning your online organizational leadership degree, call us at 866-498-4968 for more information.