IWU students and faculty have access to both the on-site library and Off Campus Library Services (OCLS).
The on-site library, in Room 114, is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and offers:
- A reference collection of books and resource materials tailored to the classes taught in Louisville.
- Computers furnished with Microsoft Office and Internet/database access.
- A local OCLS librarian with a Master's degree in Library and Information Science to assist you with research and database training:
Amy Lorson, OCLS Librarian
Louisville Education and Conference Center
In addition to the onsite librarian, you have access to the entire OCLS team. Based in the Jackson Library on the Main IWU Campus in Marion, Indiana, the OCLS staff is only a mouse click away when you need research help. Or, if you prefer, you may call 800-521-1848 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, and 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday) for assistance. The OCLS team provides:
- Home access to over 30 online academic research subscription databases. (You must be a currently enrolled student at IWU to access these databases.)
- Timely photocopy, fax, and e-mail shipment of journal articles not found online.
- Research assistance when the local librarian is not available.
Library Subscription Databases
IWU's online databases
provide access to scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles and book texts. Some resources are only available in hardcopy at the IWU Jackson Library in Marion, Indiana, and may be obtained by using the online request form
or calling 800-521-1848 for assistance.
Your local public library will also provide you with access to online databases. Databases at the public library can be accessed with a public library card. Visit the Louisville Free Public Library (LFPL) or your local branch library, or call the LFPL at 502-574-1611 for more information.
APA Citation Style
Indiana Wesleyan University programs utilize the APA citation format style
for all coursework.