THE MORE, THE MERRIER!
You don't have to leave your friends behind when you go away to college. Bring them along on your visit to IWU and we'll chip in up to $400 in gas, as long as at least three students come with at least one adult sponsor, and a few other requirements are met.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS...
- Schedule your group visit at least two weeks prior to your visit. We'll provide a personalized schedule that must include the following:
- Student housing accommodations for one night (Sponsors are responsible for their own overnight arrangements)
- Chapel (M, W, & F at 10 a.m.)
- Meeting with Admissions personnel
- Tour of IWU campus
In addition to these activities, your personalized schedule may include:
- Up to three meals in Baldwin Dining Center
- Personal visits with professors to discuss career plans
- Visiting classes
- Talking with a coach about intercollegiate sports opportunities
- Free admission to campus activities
- IWU will reimburse you for actual gas costs up to $300 when traveling less than 1,000 miles roundtrip or up to $400 when traveling more than 1,000 miles roundtrip. All arrangements must be made with the Campus Visit Team prior to the visit. Make sure to start out with a full tank of gas. That fill-up is your responsibility. As you make your way to Marion, keep your gas receipts. When you arrive in Marion, do your final fill-up and then give the receipts to the Campus Visit Team in the Admissions Office. A check for twice that amount (up to $300 or $400) will be mailed to you within four weeks of your visit.
- This program applies during our academic calendar year; not during summer or vacation breaks. An ideal time to visit is Thursday night and Friday. It may be used for General Visit Days, Spotlight Days, Wildcat Days, and Custom visits; however, it is not available during special weekend events such as Fusion, Junior High Weekend, Admitted Student Weekend, New Student Registration or for weekend visits.
- Please call our Visit Team at 866-468-6498 if you have any questions.
Last updated: 05/26/2015