Honors Scholarship Project
The purpose of the Honors Scholarship Project (HSP) is to provide students in the John Wesley Honors College with the opportunity to express the lessons of their liberal arts education in a personal and original manner. As a result, projects can include efforts such as musical compositions, short stories, illustrations and research papers. Regardless, all projects should not only express the highest ideals of one's discipline(s) but also the highest ideals of Christian scholarship. Students work one-on-one with a faculty mentor in their major to complete the project, usually during their junior or senior year. To complete the requirements for the HSP, the final project is shared with the IWU community through a public presentation by the student, usually at Celebration of Scholarship.
- Approaching Faculty about Your Honors Scholarship Project
A sample e-mail
- HSP Student-Faculty Mentor Agreement Students select a faculty mentor and jointly complete this form in HNR-350.
- HNR-497 Prospectus Approval Form Students submit this registration form by the first Friday of the semester in which they enroll in HNR-497.
- HNR-498 Progress Update Students submit this registration form by the first Friday of the semester in which they enroll in HNR-498.
- HSP Final Approval and Binding Form Students submit this form when they turn in their final projects. The form includes specific details about submission requirements.
- Survey Monkey Usage Request Form IWU students may request use of the JWHC Survey Monkey account for research purposes.
All forms and supporting documents must be submitted to the JWHC office in Goodman 203.
Below are some samples of our best prospectuses for use as examples:
Forms for Faculty Mentors
Faculty mentors, please use these rubrics in assessing your students' work on their Honors Scholarship Project Literature Review and Prospectus.
Last updated: 10/24/2016