School of Educational Leadership
The mission of the Indiana Wesleyan University School of Educational Leadership is to be the leader in providing Christ-centered education programs that address the spiritual and professional challenges of P-12 educators, leaders, and counselors by providing them with an integrated experience of character, scholarship, and leadership development. We offer dynamic programs that serve to apply this mission by drawing teachers, administrators, and other school personnel into an integrated experience of intellectual challenge, spiritual growth, and leadership development. Our programs call candidates to Christian character and academic excellence, equip them for success in their disciplines, mentor them in leadership, and prepare them for service.
Through the IWU School of Educational Leadership, we offer a variety of Adult Education Programs to help you meet your own personal and professional goals:
Adult Teacher Licensure Programs
- Transition to Teaching (TTT) - a transition-to-teaching program for non-teachers who are seeking an Indiana State teaching license. The student teaching experience requires nine (9) weeks of full-time teaching.
- Transition to Teaching, Early Childhood Education (Ohio) - a 24 credit hour accelerated, Post-Baccalaureate program providing the pedagogy and clinical experiences necessary for adult learners to pursue teaching as a career in grades P-3. This new program is already approved by the Ohio Board of Regents, the governing board of teacher licensure in Ohio, and includes an Ohio-required, 12-hour reading block.
Continuing Studies for Teacher-Leaders
- We also offer a variety of Professional Development courses for the ongoing professional development of P-12 teachers, including Continuing Studies and Performance Learning Systems (PLS), and even Add-On Electives.
Studies for Teacher Leaders
- The Associate in Early Childhood Education is a sixty-three (63) credit hour associate program emphasizing the knowledge, skills and dispositions of an early childhood educator working with children from birth through age 8.
- The Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education program is a one hundred, twenty-four (124) credit hour undergraduate program emphasizing the knowledge, skills and dispositions of an early childhood educator work with children from birth through age 8.
Advanced Studies for Teacher Leaders
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) - a 33-credit hour advanced degree program emphasizing teacher leadership and a self-selected content area specialization. Candidates complete the program in approximately 24 months.
- Teaching Certificates - the teaching certificate programs provide an 18-credit hour post-baccalaureate program to teachers seeking additional content areas for teaching licensure. Candidates completing the 18-credit hour program gain content knowledge and content pedagogical knowledge related to professional teaching standards for their content area.
- Principal Licensure Program (PLP) - a post-master's certificate (non-degree) licensure program leading to Indiana's P-12 Building Administrator's license.
- Educational Specialist Degree (Ed.S.) - an advanced degree program leading to Indiana's P-12 District Level Administrator's license.
Teacher License Renewal and Professionalization
- IWU offers Teacher License Renewal services to classroom teachers and for renewal and professionalization of Indiana teaching certificates. For Indiana teachers, IWU participates in Indiana's online license processing system allowing teachers to significantly reduce the amount of time associated with license renewal.
Is God leading you to further your education? We can help you make it happen.
Last updated: 10/21/2016