Master of Divinity Admission Requirements
In addition to the Application for Admission, students must meet the following requirements for admission into the Master of Divinity degree program:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution at which a minimum of 30 credit hours was completed.
- An official transcript from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution at which a minimum of 30 credit hours was completed.
- Three completed recommendation forms, including
A Church Endorsement form, completed by the applicant’s local church board or appropriate church body.
A 3-4 page autobiography including a brief testimony, description of your call to ministry, current ministry context, and what you expect to gain from the program for which you are applying.
Applicants must be currently involved in an appropriate ministry or be willing to be placed in such a ministry for the duration of the program (see application for details).
A student may transfer into the M.Div. up to half the hours of a previously completed master’s degree from an accredited institution.
In any event a student may only transfer into the M.Div. up to a maximum of 27 hours of prior graduate work from an accredited institution.
- one from a pastor or denominational supervisor
- two additional references (pastoral, academic, or personal)