TTT - Clinical Experience Requirements
- All TTT candidates in both the elementary and secondary programs must complete four, 10-hour field experience assignments embedded in four core courses.
- All assignments for field experiences will be arranged by the Office of Clinical Experiences. Candidates are not to contact any school or attempt to secure their own field experience assignment at any time.
- All core course work prior to either EDUT-590 or EDUT-595 must be completed with a minimum grade of no less than "B-" in each core course to be eligible to student teach.
- All TTT candidates in both the elementary and secondary programs must complete nine weeks of full-time student teaching.
- Any candidate absences must be made up within the time frame of the student teaching course. Should a candidate not be able to meet the required hours and weeks associated with the student teaching placement, the candidate may petition the TTT Program Director for an extension of time.
- All placements for student teaching will be made by the Office of Clinical Experiences. Candidates are not to contact any school or attempt to secure their own student teaching assignment at any time.
- Once a student teaching placement has been finalized, it can only be changed by approval of the Office of Clinical Experiences. The candidate must supply sufficient evidence to warrant such change.
- At the request of the cooperating P-12 school's administration, the University faculty, or University administration, a candidate can be removed from a student teaching assignment at any time for immoral or inappropriate conduct.
- The TTT Program Director may remove a candidate from a student teaching experience for the candidate's failure to satisfactorily perform the requirements of the student teaching experience. Input from the university faculty and administration and the cooperating teacher will be sought before removing the candidate.
- Removal from a student teaching experience may result in the candidate being permanently withdrawn from the program. A grade of "No Credit" will be issued for the student teaching course.
- If a candidate repeating a student teaching course does not receive a satisfactory grade, the candidate will be withdrawn permanently from the Transition to Teaching program and will be ineligible to reapply.
- Any candidate who is being considered for removal from a student teaching experience has the right to appeal that decision pursuant to the policies of the College of Adult and Professional Studies.