Graduate Studies in Nursing - Program Requirements
- Successful completion of all Core Courses with a minimum grade of "C" is prerequisite to entering the major.
- A minimum grade of "B" must be obtained in all Major Courses.
- Nursing Education and Administration majors must successfully complete all courses prior to beginning GNUR-590.
- A grade of "I" in GNUR-590 will require the student to register for GNUR-595 for up to two times. Failure to remove the "I" in GNUR-590 after two registrations in GNUR-595 will result in the grade of "I" being changed to an "F."
- Any student found to have falsified clinical/practicum hours will be immediately dismissed and not allowed to re-enter any graduate nursing program at IWU.
- Primary Care students must have health clearance and documentation of TB, Rubella, and Hepatitis B and any other requirements from the practicum sites for practicums and any other client contact.
- Nursing Education and Nursing Administration students may be required to provide health clearance and proof of immunization.
- Students who maintain continuous enrollment, who make normal progress toward a degree, and who earn their degree within a maximum of four years from the date of enrollment may meet the graduation requirements as stated in the catalog under which they enrolled.
- Please refer to the Graduate Nursing Student Handbook for a full description of progression policies.
Practicum Continuation Courses:
Students who have satisfactorily completed the didactic portion of a clinical course and have completed all required clinical hours but whose practice skills are not commensurate with faculty/preceptor expectations will be required to register for a Practicum Continuation course. The course will be 10 weeks, and the number of credit hours will be based on the number of clinical hours the student needs to improve skill proficiency based on faculty/Coordinator recommendation (1 credit = 70 clinical hours). Students who fall into this category will receive a grade of "I" for the original course. If the Practicum Continuation course is not completed satisfactorily within 10 weeks, a grade of "NC" will be awarded for the continuation course, and the grade of "I" for the original course will be changed to an "F."