Criminal Justice (BS) - Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the Criminal Justice BS degree program is to prepare those who desire to make this world a safer and more secure place for their fellow citizens for positions of leadership within the wide-ranging field of criminal justice.
Students graduating from Indiana Wesleyan University with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Criminal Justice degree should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of decision-making from a Christian worldview;
- Be compassionate toward others, exhibit a caring attitude, and generally have an ability to understand the emotional needs of others;
- Understand the cultural diversity of American society and the impact of such diversity on the larger culture;
- Have a solid cognitive understanding of the enforcement field and a feel for the practical, career-oriented applications of such knowledge;
- Grasp the advantages of using technology and be able to apply such training;
- Communicate professionally and effectively in oral, written, and electronic modalities;
- Conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner;
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.