ACSI - Mission and Objectives
The mission of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Credentialing program is to prepare teacher leaders to provide advanced knowledge that translates into effective teaching performances and dispositions, all of which are focused on improving P-12 student learning in private Christian schools.
The purpose of the program is to provide a course of study leading to an ACSI teaching credential that meets the professional needs of practicing Christian school teachers. Outcomes and expectations associated with this credentialing program are:
- Providing influence for positive individual growth and school change. Candidates are proficient in teacher leadership to help individual peers, to influence professional learning communities, to improve building-level instruction, to impact school culture, and to cause meaningful school change and improvement.
- Understanding and Interacting with Individual Learners as Individual Learners. Candidates are proficient in providing differentiated instruction to individual learners, regardless of unique academic need across the ability spectrum from special education to gifted education.
- Leading curricular change. Candidates are proficient in curriculum development and implementation; knowledge of curriculum and subject matter is used to create positive change in classrooms, schools, and districts.
- Implementing instructional effectiveness. Candidates are proficient in the knowledge, dispositions, and skills needed for effective teaching; effective teaching results in successful student learning.
- Managing classroom learning. Candidates manage the classroom learning environment to create success for all students.
- Practicing reflective assessment. Candidates manage their continued learning and professional development through continuous reflection about their teaching knowledge, dispositions, skills, and practices.
- Building learning networks. Candidates create professional partnerships to create learning opportunities for themselves and their students.
- Complying with legal obligations. Candidates fulfill all legal requirements in the performance of their teaching duties.