Teaching Certificate - Mission and Objectives
The mission of the Teaching Certificate Program is to prepare teacher leaders to provide advanced knowledge in a specific content area leading to additional licensure that translates into effective teaching performances and dispositions, all of which are focused on improving P-12 student learning.
The Teaching Certificate Program provides advanced study beyond the baccalaureate degree to meet the professional needs of practicing teachers. Outcomes and expectations associated with developing master teachers as World Changers are:
- Leading curricular change. Candidates are proficient in curriculum development and implementation; knowledge of curriculum and subject matter is used to create positive change in classrooms, schools, and districts.
- Implementing instructional effectiveness. Candidates are proficient in the knowledge, dispositions, and skills needed for effective teaching; effective teaching results in successful student learning.
- Managing classroom learning. Candidates manage the classroom learning environment to create success for all students.
- Practicing reflective assessment. Candidates manage their continued learning and professional development through continuous reflection about their teaching knowledge, dispositions, skills, and practices.
- Building learning networks. Candidates create professional partnerships to create learning opportunities for themselves and their students.