Post Master's Certificate
Post Master Certificate
This certificate is for persons who have already attained a Master of Arts degree in a counseling-related program, but whose degree program and/or post-graduate clinical experiences do not meet specific state licensure or national certification requirements. In such cases, program faculty collaborate with the student to develop a specific program of study that seeks to fulfill the identified academic requirements. It is the responsibility of the student to provide evidence identifying the specific academic content or coursework required by the particular credentialing entity. This evidence is typically discovered through the student's consultation with the particular licensure/certification board.
Admission Requirements include:
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university, or an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education.
- A graduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from the graduate degree granting institution at which at least a minimum of 30 semester hours was completed.
- A completed application form for admission to the IWU Graduate Studies in Counseling Certificate Program.
- A letter clearly stating reason(s) for seeking admission into the certificate program.
- In those cases where the applicant is seeking to fulfill requirements for any licensure/certification, identification of a specific plan of study for any license/certification process is the responsibility of the applicant.
Exit Requirements include:
- Successful completion of all coursework identified on certificate plan of study.
- All course grades at or above level of "C+."
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0.