Behavioral and Social Sciences Department
The Behavioral and Social Sciences Department offers a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Addictions Counseling.
The admission requirements for this program are as follows:
- Proof of high school graduation or GED certification.
- Original transcripts from all previous college or university study at regionally accredited colleges or universities or an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education.
- Prior completion of at least 60 transferable credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university or an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education is required before the student is eligible to start a bachelor core program.
- A maximum of 40 hours of credit may be earned through the assessed learning process toward the required 60.
- A minimum of two years of significant full-time work experience beyond high school.
To graduate with a baccalaureate degree with a major in Addictions Counseling from the College of Adult and Professional Studies at Indiana Wesleyan University, the following requirements must be met:
- Completion of 124 semester hours.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Completion of the required core courses with a GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- Completion of 30 hours of general education as specified (General Education Requirements).
- Payment of all tuition and fees is required to receive a diploma.