DeVoe School of Business
The mission of Indiana Wesleyan University is to prepare students to become world changers by developing them in character, scholarship and leadership. The IWU DeVoe School of Business offers dynamic programs that build on the knowledge our
students bring to the classroom and help shape them into lifelong learners. The School provides degree-oriented educational opportunities to working adults when occupation and family responsibilities make it difficult to spend major blocks of time in
residence on campus. Our programs and graduates are key components in workforce development in the communities we serve. Completing one of our programs can lead to management, leadership and promotion opportunities in the organization where you are employed.
In addition to the university’s regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission, the states of Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, the DeVoe School of Business is a member of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and is a candidate for accreditation.
Through the IWU DeVoe School of Business, we offer a variety of Adult Education Programs to help you meet your own personal and professional goals:
Undergraduate Business Programs
- Associate of Science - Accounting - gives students the fundamental skills needed for entry-level accounting positions and provides an excellent foundation for those who anticipate pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Accounting or
- Associate of Science - Business - designed either to be a degree in general business, or to provide a foundation for completion of a baccalaureate degree in a business-related field.
- Associate of Science - Computer Information Technology - designed to provide the graduate with a foundation for success at an entry-level position in the Information Technology field or to provide the basis for completion of a bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting - designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to transition into or advance within the general field of accounting.
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration - stresses skill development in the areas of management, decision-making, business communications, managerial accounting and finance, economics, and marketing.
- Bachelor of Science - Business Information Systems - stresses skill development in the areas of object-oriented programming, database management systems, networking, security, Web development, and the successful implementation and support of computer
and information systems.
- Bachelor of Science - Management - stresses skill development in the areas of management, decision-making, organizational behavior, financial planning and control systems, negotiation, and conflict resolution, with a focus on sharpening the skills
necessary to be successful in a professional environment.
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing - prepares students to become more effective within competitive marketing arenas through the study of the core marketing function, marketing of products and services, sales, sales management issues, marketing communications,
and applied marketing research.
Graduate Studies in Business
- Master of Arts - Organizational Leadership - prepares students to describe leadership theories and explain how they guide the practice of organizational leadership; understand and practice authenticity and integrity as a part of their character and
leadership; and synthesize knowledge about the foundational concepts of wisdom, followership and stewardship as it applies to leadership.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Business Administration - prepares students to design solutions and strategies for complex business problems and opportunities, evaluate personal management capabilities and design a plan for economic growth, and integrate critical
analysis with disciplines such as management, accounting, finance, and economics. Students will synthesize ethical standards in decision-making and strategy development, create appropriate communication strategies to achieve organizational goals, and
integrate a biblical framework that guides interactions within the business environment and workplace.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Healthcare Administration - design solutions and strategies for complex business problems and opportunities within the healthcare industry, evaluate personal management capabilities and design a plan for economic growth, and integrate critical analysis with healthcare administration disciplines. Students will synthesize ethical standards in decision-making and strategy development, create appropriate communication strategies to achieve organizational goals, and integrate a biblical framework that guides interactions within the healthcare environment and workplace.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Virtual Reality- this program uses advanced technologies comparable to Second Life® and other virtual world and gaming applications. With the option to focus on either Executive Management or International Business, students become trainees in a virtual reality company designed around an actual manufacturing firm.
- Master of Science - Accounting - prepares students to integrate knowledge of accounting standards and practices in performing forensic accounting and auditing services, financial reporting, and tax preparation and advisory services. Students will design appropriate communication strategies to achieve organizational goals and an ethical, legal, and biblical framework that guides interactions within the business environment that addresses the legal implications of business transactions and how they relate to accounting, auditing, and financial reporting.
- Master of Science – Human Resource Management - prepares students to utilize a biblical framework that guides interactions within the workplace to enhance the realization of human potential, analyze internal and external business environments, and formulate relevant human resource and communication strategies and solutions to ethically fulfill organizational mission, vision, values, and goals. Students will demonstrate a disposition for lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Master of Science - Management - prepares students to synthesize organizational management knowledge and skills, analyze the internal and external environments and formulate relevant business and communication strategies and solutions needed
to ethically lead, plan, organize and control organizations. Students develop their own personal management capabilities and integrate a biblical framework that guides interactions within the business environment and workplace.
- Graduate Certificates - Our Graduate Certificate programs in
Health Care and
Human Resources can help prepare you for industry certification, enhance the value of your degree, provide an additional area of focus, and distinguish you from others in your workplace or employment market.
Graduate Studies in Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership - provides an advanced graduate education for students seeking academic positions in research and teaching at leading universities, and for those seeking leadership opportunities in corporations, entrepreneurial
businesses, health care, faith-based institutions, government, and nonprofit organizations. This program is designed for working adults who have the intellectual capacity for advanced study, who thrive on the challenge of self-directed learning and who
desire to master the discipline of organizational leadership.
Is God leading you to further your education? We can help you make it happen!