There is no obligation or prerequisite for taking the introductory courses in Military Science (100- and 200-level classes). Taking these classes allows the student the opportunity to participate in a number of activities that are unique to the Department of Military Science:
- Rappelling and Adventure Training*
- Field Training Exercises*
- Ranger Club and Ranger Challenge Team*
- Fitness Training
- Color Guard
- Formal Military Functions
* Must meet minimum physical requirements.
Minimum requirements to enroll:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26.
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.5.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT (Math/Verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores).
- Meet physical standards.
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or National Guard).
We especially look for applicants who have been involved in activities outside of the classroom (e.g., sports, student government, band, honor societies, church, work, community outreach, etc.) and are physically active. You don't have to be a professional athlete, but you will be required to work out with us three times a week!
Deadlines: The window for you to apply begins February 1 of your junior year and closes January 1 of your senior year of high school. If you did not apply within this timeframe, then contact us and we can complete an application on campus.
Senior Military Science Instructor
Scholarship and Enrollment NCO