2011 ACADEMIC TRACKS & PRESENTATIONS
The following presentations for Midwest Scholars 2011 are arranged by academic track. Select a title to view the presentation material.
P-12 Practices & Research
Best practices in P-12 education and research on learning and instruction in primary and secondary education, e.g. technology and evidence-based instructional design.
- Community Based Mentoring and School Attendance
- National Guard Children - The Unidentified At-Risk
- Preparing High School Students for College: A Multi-Modal Group Approach
- Situational Leadership Theory in the Classroom
Issues in Higher Education
Assessment, innovative teaching techniques, and problem solving activities in post-secondary education.
- A New Spin on Engaging Distance Faculty
- Adults Around the World: Is Global Studies an Option?
- Black Diaspora in Higher Education: A Discussion of Methods for Engaging & Promoting Student Success Among Black Male Students
- Building Community in a Non-Traditional Environment
- Decisions - Decisions…Qualitative vs. Quantitative Research Methods
- FERPA and Today
- Impact of Adult Degree Programs on the Organizational Climate of Christian
- Colleges and Universities
- Implementing Active Learning Strategies in the Business Classroom
- Mysteries of Grant Writing Solved!
- Steps in Planning and Writing a Course
- Teaching Critical Thinking Dispositions
- Win One "Communication Strategies for Innovative Teaching Improvements"
- World Changers From the Inside Out
Technology & E-Learning
The challenges of bringing technology to the classroom or learning online.
Business & Leadership
Research findings and creative practices focusing on business or leadership.
Faith & Theology
The interaction of faith and education as addressed in larger theological questions.
Enlightening presentations of the traditional Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, and/or Criminal Justice.