Some student aid applicants are selected by the federal government for a process called Verification. When this happens, the Financial Aid office is required to review the accuracy of the data provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Typically the following is required:
- all federal tax transcripts that were used to complete the FAFSA are required or use the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) when completing the FAFSA
- the Financial Aid Office will provide an additional worksheet with specific information we have been asked to check that allow us to simply double-check the accuracy of the aid application
If items are found to be incorrect, our office sends the correct information to the federal government so that the student's financial aid eligibility can be properly calculated.
Timely submission of any additional documents that are requested by the Financial Aid office is extremely important. When submitting documents please remember:
- to include the student's name and IWU ID number clearly visible on the form
- all tax returns that are submitted need to be federal, not state, and the returns need to be signed and dated by at least one individual whose information is reported thereon
- all verification documents, with the exception of citizenship verification, may be faxed to the Financial Aid office at 765-677-2809.
- once all forms are submitted we will be able to finalize the award package