A scholarship is a form of gift aid that does not need to be repaid. Scholarships are awarded to those who meet certain criteria, such as demonstrating academic excellence, majoring in a specific area of study, family history, geographical location, etc.
- Academic Scholarships ranging from $6,000 to $12,000 per year.
- The National Merit Scholarship program recognizes and rewards students for high scholastic achievement. IWU students who earn the recognition of being National Merit finalists or semi-finalists can receive a renewable $15,000 tuition scholarship.
- The National Hispanic Recognition program recognizes outstanding Hispanic/Latino students with a $15,000 annual scholarship.
- The National Achievement Scholars program honors Black American high school students through a $15,000 per year scholarship.
- IWU Diversity Leadership Award
- Transfer Academic Scholarship awards up to $8,000 per year
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship $1,000 per year scholarship
- John Wesley Scholarship
- John Wesley Honors College Servant Leader Scholarship awards of up to $5,000 per year
- Church Matching Scholarship for up to $1,500 per year
- Campus Challenge/Wesleyan Bible Bowl Scholarship
- Grant County Leadership Scholarshiplocal students can earn up to $2,000 per year through this award
- Indiana State Minority Teacher/Special Services Scholarship
- Indiana State Nursing Scholarship
- Outside Scholarships
- A variety of Athletic Scholarships are awarded in multiple sports annually, based upon athletic skill and demonstrated ability. The coaches oversee the tryouts and awarding of these funds for their respective sports. You can contact IWU at 1-866-GO-TO-IWU (468-6498) and speak with someone from the Athletics Department to inquire about specific opportunities.
- A variety of Music/Art/Theatre Scholarships are awarded annually, based upon excellence in these respective disciplines and other criteria. The department or the fund donors determine the individual criteria. You can contact IWU at 1-866-GO-TO-IWU (468-6498) and speak with someone from the Division of Music, the Division of Art, or the Division of Communication and Theatre to inquire about specific opportunities.