Apply for Aid
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply and be accepted for admission to IWU.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available online or at your high school guidance office, to the federal processor as soon as possible after January 1 but before March 10. The FAFSA must be received by the federal processor by March 10 to receive priority consideration for financial aid. Be sure to list IWU as one of the schools on the FAFSA. Use code #001822.
Financial Aid Guidelines
- Most types of financial aid require the student to be enrolled full time (at least 12 hours per semester).
- Institutional funds are not awarded to students with less than a 2.0 high school or transfer GPA.
- One-half of the total financial aid amount is awarded each semester.
- To continue to receive aid, the student must make satisfactory progress toward a degree.
The federal government selects some student aid applicants for verification, a process that reviews the accuracy of the data that was provided on the FAFSA. The formula that is used to calculate financial aid eligibility is basically the same for all students, but there is some limited flexibility for adjustments due to special/unusual circumstances. Most of the forms and resources you will need are available online.
There are many types of aid available to IWU students.