Additional Types of Aid
There are various additional types of aid available to many IWU students.
- Indiana Wesleyan offers a discount through the Room & Board Freeze that allows them to pay the same rate for their on campus meals and lodging all four years. Please check the requirements to insure you can take advantage of the cost savings opportunity.
- The federal government offers several tax benefits for families who are saving for, or already paying, higher education costs or are repaying student loans. There are also benefits related to employer-provided educational assistance and qualified state tuition programs. Whether a taxpayer may take advantage of these benefits depends on the taxpayer's individual facts and circumstances:
- Students who demonstrate financial need may be awarded Federal Work-Study as a part of their financial aid package. This program allows up to $2,000 per year to be earned. The pay scale for on-campus student positions begins at $7.25 per hour; students are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week. Students may contract with Student Accounts to put these funds into their student account, or they may receive the funds directly. Job listings are posted and updated regularly.
- Indiana Wesleyan University ROTC
- Military/Veterans Benefits
- Indiana National Guard
- Indiana State Vocational and Rehabilitation Services
- Families can leverage the savings that they plan to use on educations expenses by placing them in a 529 Plan. It will allow the money to earn interest and often provide more significant tax benefits than a general savings account. The benefits vary some by state, so be sure to check with your tax professional.