IWU = A BETTER U
"A Better U" is a healthy lifestyle initiative designed by Campus Recreation to motivate weight loss and encourage fitness for the IWU community.
This program encompasses three entities: a FIT U, a HEALTHY U and an ACTIVE U.
Campus Recreation Mission Statement
The mission of the Department of Campus Recreation is to provide a wide variety of quality recreation, sports, fitness and leisure activities that will increase the overall wellness of the campus community and to provide dynamic programming that enhances leadership and social development in an environment that is fair, safe and Christ-centered.
Campus Recreation Objectives
- To increase campus community.
- To provide an opportunity for recreation and relaxation from the rigors of academic life for students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- To encourage and equip members of the IWU community in their adoption of a holistic, healthy and active lifestyle.
- To introduce and develop proficiency in the specific skills of various recreational activities which a person may enjoy throughout his or her lifetime.
- To develop student leaders who embody and embrace a world-changer philosophy and are highly sought after by outside organizations as a result of their experience with and exposure to the program.
Learn more about fitness, health, and overall wellness through IWU's Campus Recreation Newsletter