ACSI - Program Requirements
To complete the ACSI Credentialing program, all candidates must:
- Successfully complete each course with at least a "B-" grade and a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Pay all tuition and fees.
Applicants to any program within the School of Educational Leadership will be required to sign a disclosure of information waiver giving any prior institutions the applicant may have attended permission to supply IWU representatives all information relevant to the applicant's fitness for teacher training or licensure recommendation, including but not limited to his/her conduct, standing, or reputation while attending said institutions. Any information obtained may be considered by IWU in its decision whether or not to admit an applicant, to permit his or her continuance in a program, or to recommend him or her for licensure.
Registration in ACSI Credentialing Program does not constitute admission to an IWU graduate degree program. If a non-degree seeking student decides at any time to apply for admission to an IWU graduate degree program, the student must complete the full and regular admission process. With approval of the program director immediately involved, up to six semester hours earned through Continuing Studies may be applied toward an IWU graduate education degree.
ACSI Credentialing Program Admission Requirements
- A baccalaureate or graduate degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting body or by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, verified on official transcripts sent by the institution directly to Indiana Wesleyan University.
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution or a graduate GPA of 3.00 or higher from the master's degree-granting institution.
ACSI Credentialing Program Completion Requirements
- Successful completion of each course with at least a "B-" grade and a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
Requirements for an ACSI standard credential:
- Bachelor's degree with 24 hours in educational studies from a regionally accredited college or university.
- One (1) credit hour in Philosophy of Christian Education.
- Six (6) credit hours in biblical studies.
- For those teaching in international schools, an additional three-hour course. EDCS 512 Integration of Faith and Learning in P-12 Christian School Classrooms is highly recommended. This course may also be taken for license renewal.
More information on the criteria for an ACSI standard teaching credential can be found at http://www.acsiglobal.org/wp-content/uploads/TeachAllLevel.pdf.
You may also request a course to be taught onsite for your own cohort group or school corporation.