Applicants to any program within the School of Educational Leadership will be required to sign a disclosure of information waiver giving any prior institutions the applicant may have attended permission to supply IWU representatives all information relevant to the applicant's fitness for teacher training or licensure recommendation, including but not limited to his/her conduct, standing, or reputation while attending said institutions. Any information obtained may be considered by IWU in its decision whether or not to admit an applicant, to permit his or her continuance in a program, or to recommend him/her for licensure.
The Admission Requirements for the M.Ed. International Program are as Follows:
- A baccalaureate or graduate degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting body or the Association for Biblical Higher Education verified on original transcripts sent by the institution directly to Indiana Wesleyan University. Note: M.Ed. International applicants who have not graduated form a university or college accredited by a North American regional accrediting agency but have a four-year degree or diploma issued outside of North America must have a course-by-course evaluation of their transcript sent directly to IWU by World Educational Services, Educational Credentials Evaluation or another agency approved by IWU.
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher from the baccalaureate degree granting institution at which at least a minimum of 30 hours was completed.
- International Candidates Need:
- A valid, (but not necessarily current) government-issued teacher's license or a valid (but not necessarily current) state teacher's license.
- At least one year (i.e. a minimum of one semester and one day) of teaching experience, under contract and performed in a classroom.
- Supporting documentation demonstrating access to a P-12 classroom.
- Native speakers of languages other than English who are applicants for entrance into this program must achieve required English language scores on approved assessments.
To graduate, candidates must have completed the following:
- Successful completion of the M.Ed. International 30-credit hour program of study.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in all graduate work and a minimum grade of "B-" in each course.
- Successfully pass all Key Assessments with a score of a "3" or "4" for all rubric criteria.
- Successfully pass all Professional Dispositions with a score of a "3" or "4" for all rubric criteria.
- Successfully pass all Clinical Experience requirements associated with their program.
M.ED. (INTERNATIONAL) - CLINICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
There is no clinical or field experience required in the M.Ed. International program; however, most assignments and activities within these courses will require teachers to practice the application of course content within their classrooms among actual students.
Minimum Computer Requirements - School of Educational Leadership
Students are expected to possess a computer throughout the duration of their program. Student computers must be able to run a supported browser for Blackboard and handle additional plug-ins as identified by the Learning Management System(LMS) company. Students should be able to produce, send, and receive documents that are compatible within the two most recent offerings of Microsoft Office to complete most of the assignments. IWU will offer support to students on only these two offerings of office software. Computer and internet connection may need to be fast enough in some courses to watch streaming videos, participate in live meetings, upload large files, install software, and listen to audio lectures.