Complete the Online Application.
This is your first step toward making your dreams come true for your future. Whether it's to advance your current career, start a new career path, or simply continue that lifelong love of learning, Indiana Wesleyan University is the place for you.
Additional Steps to Apply
Official transcripts are required from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts sent in a sealed envelope directly to Indiana Wesleyan University by the registrar of the attended institution(s). Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped "student copy," "issued to student," or "unofficial" cannot be accepted as official. If the applicant completed less than 30 credit hours at the baccalaureate degree-granting institution, all previous transcripts will be required.
College Transcripts from Non-U.S. Schools
For college transcripts from non-U.S. schools, secure a "Course-by-Course Report" from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools ( CGFNS) or from Educational Credential Evaluators ( ECE). Be sure to request that the report be sent directly to us at the address below. The evaluation must list course-by-course hours and grades.
2. Recommendation Forms
Applicants are required to submit three recommendation forms, one each from a former instructor, a pastor or someone with whom the applicant has worked in the past year who can attest to the applicant's service record or character, and a direct supervisor. You must use the forms that are provided.
3. Writing Sample
The applicant must submit a writing sample in which three of the following questions are answered. The writing sample is an essential part of the admissions process and will be carefully assessed in order to make an informed decision on the applicant's acceptance into the program. The writing sample must conform to specific guidelines to determine applicant writing ability.
- Clear and convincing response to the questions.
- Organization and presentation (i.e., readability and formatting).
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12-point font, professionally written, evidence of forethought, carefully proofed, and convincing language and phrasing.
- Evidence of scholarly (academic) writing skills.
- A minimum of one (1) page and a maximum of two (2) pages in length per question.
- How will this graduate degree impact your work as a professional?
- What is your research interest?
- What is your motivation to earn the Master of Science in Nursing degree?
- How will the Master of Science in Nursing change your life after graduation?
- What will you do with your degree to impact the world?
- What personal changes do you plan to implement in order to succeed in this academically rigorous and demanding environment?
- What is the professional role of the advanced practice nurse? How does becoming an advanced practice nurse enhance your professional role?
4. Criminal History Check
A criminal history background check must be conducted on all applicants prior to enrollment in the program, at the applicant's expense. Admission may depend on the results of this check.
5. TOEFL Scores
Submit a copy of your TOEFL scores if English is not your primary language. For more information about this test, visit www.toefl.org.
NOTE: To assist in the decision-making process, the applicant may be required to interview and/or complete the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). All students may be required to undergo drug testing in order to successfully complete practicum requirements.
Materials should be mailed to:
Indiana Wesleyan University
Adult Enrollment Services
1900 W. 50th St.
Marion, IN 46953
Please contact your program representative if you have any questions.