About the Program
Indiana Wesleyan University's Master of Science with a major in Management (MSM) degree program is a 36-credit-hour graduate program.
Students in the MSM program synthesize organizational management knowledge and skills; analyze the internal and external environments; and formulate relevant business and communication strategies and solutions needed to ethically lead, plan, organize and control organizations. Students develop their own personal management capabilities and integrate a biblical framework that guides interactions within the business environment and workplace.
The courses are designed to enable each participant to:
- Synthesize organizational management knowledge and skills needed to lead, plan, organize and control.
- Evaluate personal management capabilities and design a plan for continual growth.
- Analyze internal and external business environments and formulate relevant strategies and solutions.
- Apply ethical theories and concepts to business decisions and solutions.
- Implement appropriate communication strategies to achieve organization goals.
- Integrate a biblical framework that guides interactions within the business environment and workplace.
The program may be completed online or onsite at various locations in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.
Students will examine major issues and opportunities in all facets of management. Students will evaluate their own management competence and will assess their growth as they traverse the program.
The MSM program features the following themes: IWU Mission Outcomes (Character, Scholarship and Leadership), business decision-making and contemporary communication skills, critical thinking, managing in a competitive global environment, and technological competence.
All courses are designed to develop skills that are currently needed in the workplace.